HELP BEARDED DRAGON SKIN PROBLEM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc1105

So my bearded dragon (pepsi) is about a year old and is starting to shed ( I KNOW WHAT SHEDDING IS THIS IS NOT SHEDDING!) he was out of his tank playing around and exploring for the first time , since hes a bit aggersive i used work gloves with him , i picked him up and put him back into his tank and there were cuts in his skin near his spin , not on it near it and theres no blood you can see clearly into the other set of skin but it looks like its not ready yet , Please help he got lazy all of a sudden and isnt doing anything at all!

dc1105

Original Poster
it looks like his skin was really fragile and it cracked but its not ready to yet his nose didnt even start to crack yet!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you mind posting some pictures for us, that would be very very helpful. Thanks. :D

Tracie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Here is a helpful link on how to post pics viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37103&start=0#p279888

The bleeding does not sound good. Do you have any idea what he may have gotten into that would cut him? Did he crawl under something while he was out of his enclosure, that may have scratched him?

Please try and post a pic if possible.

dc1105

Original Poster
no this was the first time i let him out so befor i did i made everything dragon proof , put blackets and pillows over all the openings and stuff like that , the only thing he did was jump off a couch onto another couch so thats when i put him back and notised the cuts

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could he have bumped up against something sharp possibly? This does sound very strange. They normally don't have skin problems like that, this is very strange. Is he having problems shedding?

Tracie

dc1105

Original Poster
no he coudent of i blocked off everything and never took my eyes off him , and no but he usually only takes about an hour to shed and he did shed and theres still a little mark by where it is....i think he just got cut somewhere somehow , he seems to be doing fine now tho , thanks for your help everyone~!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well that's good that he did shed, so now you can see the cut/mark better.
Is the cut still open or bleeding? If so, you will want to treat it so that it does not get infected.
You can use a mixture of Betadine and water to cleanse the cut. Mix just enough betadine in a small bowl of water until it is very light brown, like weak tea. Using a cotton ball, dab some of the solution on the cut(s). Then you will need to apply a triple antibiotic cream, such as Neosporin to the cut(s). Do this a few times a day until it is healed.
If you have any loose type substrate(sand, walnut shells, wood chips, etc..) remove it and replace with papertoweling or non-adhesive shelf liner.
You will want to keep the affected areas as clean as possible.
Keep us updated on how your beardie is doing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am happy to hear that your dragon did shed. How does he look today?
As suggested, just go ahead & use diluted betadine to wash the area off with, along with antibiotic ointment for topical use for a few days just to make sure the area heals up without any infection.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom