Bearded Dragon Names !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacket

I named my baby Gojo. Full name: Cha Gojo. its based on a character from the Anime Series: Saiyuki, whose character was based (loosely) on a Japanese legend about a certain water sprite. and it is believed according to Japanese legend that water sprites like to eat human children but the only thing they love more is cucumbers! so parents would throw cucumbers into the water to appease the sprites before letting kids bathe. I thought it was perfect, as i sacrifice my daily cucumbers to appease my dragon as well, lol. plus, both the character and my dragon have blood red eyes. ^__^ (even though MY Gojo is not exactly spritely and uses his water dish exclusively as a toilet.)

iEMpiiReStAte

Original Poster
Yacket":3lod6mgc said:
I named my baby Gojo. Full name: Cha Gojo. its based on a character from the Anime Series: Saiyuki, whose character was based (loosely) on a Japanese legend about a certain water sprite. and it is believed according to Japanese legend that water sprites like to eat human children but the only thing they love more is cucumbers! so parents would throw cucumbers into the water to appease the sprites before letting kids bathe. I thought it was perfect, as i sacrifice my daily cucumbers to appease my dragon as well, lol. plus, both the character and my dragon have blood red eyes. ^__^ (even though MY Gojo is not exactly spritely and uses his water dish exclusively as a toilet.)
Haha cute story

Hi all,

Well I have a new beardie, had him for about a week and a half and in this time he's grown about another inch and a half :)

I tend to name my animals odd names or multiple names, lol I've had nelly-pudding(hamster), gypsy-cherub(mouse), Charlie-pie(puppy), The Mooglies(two mice), Evil Chief Samson and Miss Peaches(2 parrot fish) and now.........

My beardie....... Billi-Reptar Soup-Dragon <3
Billi - because he could turn out to be a she, and Billi works for both male and female
Reptar - dinosaur/dragon off Rugrats
Soup-Dragon - this is from "The Clangers" which is a childhood tv programme which I used to watch, and they were little pink mice things that communicated through whistles, and there was a dragon named the soup-dragon which fed all the Clangers with green soup :) happy memories

Just thought I'd share my experiences

Hope u decide a name soon I thought millions but didn't think of Billi until I saw him :) x

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Yacket":2o2qho6e said:
Fantastic. Geeks unite!

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
My Beardie is called Basil. We knew we were going to rescue a Beardie but not whether it would be male or female. the kids were trying to think up names and couldnt settle on one (i have 3 boys and 1 girl). We were calling out names in the car, as if we were trying to get an imaginary Beardie to come to us, seeing which names sounded right. Then my husband calls "Basil! Basil!" and we all fell about laughing as we are all huge fans of the Fawlty Towers series with John Cleese as the mad hotel owner. We decided that was the right name whether it be boy or girl :) (He's a He).

Patchouli

I have two beardies. The male's name is Berko (australian for crazy, and he is). The female's name is Sooky (australian for gentle).

Hubby and I decided on the names together. Both of us are fascinated by ancient Egyptian culture, so we named the boy after the God Sobek, the crocodile god (it fits his personality, he thinks he's 10 feet instead of 18.5 inches :lol: ) and Selket after the Scorpion Goddess (she was quite hard skinned when we got her, she'd been having trouble shedding, apparently, and felt somewhat like she had an exoskeleton). Devi was given the name because it means Goddess in Hindu, and the way her eyes look it reminded me of a Hindu Goddess.
I'd say give them a name that has some meaning to you, or you feel a connection to. And if all else fails, use the time-tested method: Call your beardie a few names you like and see which one they react to!

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
RolandKyramere":23c9la2u said:
Yacket":23c9la2u said:
Fantastic. Geeks unite!

:D IF i ever change lokis name it was gonna be sanzo XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom