Bearded dragon winking??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my bearded dragon (Smeagol), has been winking lately. I read this one forum that said if your bearded dragon starts winking within a couple of days then you should turn off the UVB light. But I had his UVB light on for like 4 months and he starting to wink a week ago. Please help!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
The UVB will not cause this. It sounds like possibly dehydration. Give 20 minute daily baths and when you feed the greens soak them good with water. Also is your pooper eating? Sometimes when they don't eat they loose some mass. What are your temps and how are you measuring them and also UVB?

Smeagol358

Original Poster
I don't think that he is dehydrated because I give him a bath 2 times a week and spray his veggies with water. I also spray the plants that are in his cage and he licks it off. His basking temp is around 103-107 and his cool side is 83-86. I'm using a thermometerwith a probe but I don't know what kind it is. Also the UVB light is a T8 15 watt zilla bulb. Should I switch over to the reptiSUN 10.0?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I would recommend you switching over to the Reptisun 10, yes. The Zilla bulbs do not emit sufficient levels of uvb for a beardie and have been known to cause eye problems.
You might want to lower the temps in the coolside to 78-82 degrees as well.
Like Lance mentioned.. more bathing can also be good, especially with the younger beardies. They are more prone to dehydration.

Smeagol358

Original Poster
Ok thanks. I'm going to try to get the repitSUN 10.0. The petcoi that I went ini today didn't have so I'm going to try another one.

Eljay

Hatchling Member
Smeagol358":85qqniy7 said:
Ok thanks. I'm going to try to get the repitSUN 10.0. The petcoi that I went ini today didn't have so I'm going to try another one.

you might have better luck online. as far as I know, in the US, reptisun isnt well stocked in shops. its the same here in the UK. I have seen people posting this site > http://www.petmountain.com/ before, saying they do reptisun tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom