Backgrounds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I took a photo of some large boulders and got it wide format printed at Staples (Canada) for $30CND. It might cost $40 and there is probably cheaper places to get it printed but it worked out great for me. You do need a decent cam though. I would say an SLR is you have one or know somebody. It also depends on what you wanted for a background. I obviously couldn't go out and take a pic of a desert scene.

Luthor

Hatchling Member
whispersinmyhead":2tr7zmtg said:
I took a photo of some large boulders and got it wide format printed at Staples (Canada) for $30CND. It might cost $40 and there is probably cheaper places to get it printed but it worked out great for me. You do need a decent cam though. I would say an SLR is you have one or know somebody. It also depends on what you wanted for a background. I obviously couldn't go out and take a pic of a desert scene.

I have a number of Australian desert scenes + Uluru and the like which I took, so are full size. If anybody wants any of those, I will upload the full size files which should get a decent quality print. I have quite a few that I can stitch together for a panoramic picture which may work best for most viv shapes.
I'm pretty sure there are a number of online places that will print onto poster board directly now and post it to you, which should be fairly eas yto stick to the back of your tank.

I may do a couple anyway as I think I will do the same, so will link them when done.

If anybody wants any, just let me know.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I didn't even think about posterboard! LOL I had a hard time taping my poster print to the back of the tank by myself.

4861168215_a44ee19600.jpg

Luthor

Hatchling Member
Done a couple...

Thumbnails here because the files are big.

If you want the originals, just PM me. I will do some more. (I think the uluru one has been scaled down when uploaded)

:)

(Yes, I haven't much to do today, lol)

:lol:

I couldn't find the right size background for my viv...So I went surfin' thru poster shops online...
Came across an old favorite of mine..
http://www.allposters.com

They have a HUGE variety of posters, images, sizes....etc... I found one of the Namibian Desert and it fits and looks GREAT!
Pd I think 7 bucks for it? Good Luck!

Melissa & Ricco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom