Backgrounds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I took a photo of some large boulders and got it wide format printed at Staples (Canada) for $30CND. It might cost $40 and there is probably cheaper places to get it printed but it worked out great for me. You do need a decent cam though. I would say an SLR is you have one or know somebody. It also depends on what you wanted for a background. I obviously couldn't go out and take a pic of a desert scene.

Luthor

Hatchling Member
whispersinmyhead":2tr7zmtg said:
I took a photo of some large boulders and got it wide format printed at Staples (Canada) for $30CND. It might cost $40 and there is probably cheaper places to get it printed but it worked out great for me. You do need a decent cam though. I would say an SLR is you have one or know somebody. It also depends on what you wanted for a background. I obviously couldn't go out and take a pic of a desert scene.

I have a number of Australian desert scenes + Uluru and the like which I took, so are full size. If anybody wants any of those, I will upload the full size files which should get a decent quality print. I have quite a few that I can stitch together for a panoramic picture which may work best for most viv shapes.
I'm pretty sure there are a number of online places that will print onto poster board directly now and post it to you, which should be fairly eas yto stick to the back of your tank.

I may do a couple anyway as I think I will do the same, so will link them when done.

If anybody wants any, just let me know.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I didn't even think about posterboard! LOL I had a hard time taping my poster print to the back of the tank by myself.

4861168215_a44ee19600.jpg

Luthor

Hatchling Member
Done a couple...

Thumbnails here because the files are big.

If you want the originals, just PM me. I will do some more. (I think the uluru one has been scaled down when uploaded)

:)

(Yes, I haven't much to do today, lol)

:lol:

I couldn't find the right size background for my viv...So I went surfin' thru poster shops online...
Came across an old favorite of mine..
http://www.allposters.com

They have a HUGE variety of posters, images, sizes....etc... I found one of the Namibian Desert and it fits and looks GREAT!
Pd I think 7 bucks for it? Good Luck!

Melissa & Ricco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom