Good Roomate For A Fire Bellied Toad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelley

I adopted four fire bellies from a friend about 13-14 years back. Sometime down the road I got another little dude and had five total; Sprite, Pepsi, Coke, DP and Barqs. As of about a month ago, I am down to just Sprite (I think!). Not sure how old he is as they got pretty hard to identify once they matured, but I would have to say he is the one I got later on, so I would have to put him at 7-8 years old. I feel like he could use a roomie and was wondering if another frog/amphibian would fit. I know they produce some toxins that could harm other animals, so I might just have to get another fire belly.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
They can kill themselves with their own toxins, lol(not changing the water bowl water enough). I wouldn't put something else in there :/

bkelley

Original Poster
Grimleo":4l0jwqle said:
They can kill themselves with their own toxins, lol(not changing the water bowl water enough). I wouldn't put something else in there :/
Well, I've heard of people who have fire bellied newts in the same viv and they do fine. Just wondering if there was any other frog/amphibian that would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom