Leash Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an almost full grown bearded dragon and want to get the T- rex leash for him. I do not know what size to get. I already messed up once and got one too small. That was another brand though. I am thinking on medium it says it is for iguanas and other lizards about that size. The small one says it is for geckos and the large one for monitors. So, the medium?

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
How big is your dragon? My big boy is 640 grams and fits a kitten harness.....hehehe. It depends on how big you baby is.

Frito

Hatchling Member
i have a ferret harness and a all rope four paws iguana leash, both work good, the ferret harness is the best though because its fully adjustable and uses easy plastic snaps to put on.

the T-rex leashes i've seen use the leather peice that their arms go into and they are difficult to put on and potentially dangerous to use on any reptile iguana or beardie.

gogga

Juvie Member
the T-rex leashes i've seen use the leather peice that their arms go into and they are difficult to put on and potentially dangerous to use on any reptile iguana or beardie.

Why is it dangerous? Does it look like this? Cos mine looks like this and its the only one P wont get out of, plus its adjustable as they get bigger

leashes.jpg

Heres P with hers

Photo0124.jpg

Frito

Hatchling Member
yep, they can make it difficult to breathe and can potentially tangle up their legs if you don't watch what there doing.

personally i don't use a leash much an when i do i just put it around once in front of the back legs, that way there is no constricting of them breathing normally

i keep a close eye on both of mine when they are out of the cage, they usually stay on me or on my lap and i will let my calmer one Lizzy sit on the couch etc. because she will just chill and hang out, my other one Sandy is pretty aggressive sometimes so i try to limit her handling to staying on me or in my hand, i'm fairly certain if i let her sit somewhere she would dart of running and a leash of any kind would just potentially injure her if she was to do so. i'm working on her and hopefully she will calm down but as it stands the only way she i calm is in my hand or on my chest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom