new born Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Bearded dragon really like to eat roaches? ew! thats the only cricket i hate!!
i can touch lizards and sneaks Millibeeds and leggless lizards but a roach i dont even like look at them!!

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A Roach is the only Cricket you hate?

Hmm, on that note, Coffee is not my cup of Tea.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
ROFLMAO

Hey Never Say Never - I know I was saying I'd NEVER bring roaches into my house on purpose ...and here I am contemplating doing just that! All I can say is "Thank GOD my DD doesn't mind touching them"

doopie

Just think of them as oversized roly poy bugs and you will be fine. the males are the freaky ones with the long wings. My SO was standing next to me while I was getting dinner one day and one fluttered out on her and needless to say they have been moved to the shop now.

we did watch two of them go at it last night for the first time.....I have seen the sac hanging out but this time I saw them butt to butt making little ones.

when they are new born they are smaller than a roly poly and white. they darken within 20 minutes it seems.

Raymond

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
what is the average size of a new born Dubia Roach?

I was actually going to ask this exact same question...

Just think of them as oversized roly poy bugs and you will be fine. the males are the freaky ones with the long wings. My SO was standing next to me while I was getting dinner one day and one fluttered out on her and needless to say they have been moved to the shop now.

I thought they couldn't fly?!

doopie

They do not fly they flutter. Sort of like a leap of faith that goes south real quick.

Jump up about 6" and then flutter downward. this one was on the top egg create and timed it just right. sort of like in cartoons where the character runs over a cliff but gets out 10 feet and then realizes there is no ground directly beneath them and they drop like a dead fly.

Raymond

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, phew. Okay. So as long as I have a lid on it, they can leap all they want and go no where except the bottom of their bin. Right?

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
I've had mine now for a couple of months and have kept them in a bin in our closet. No smell or noise, as I can hear the crickets in the front room over our son's monitor. The roaches have not shown any desire to get out of the bin since we've had them. We've seen the mating and the sacks, but until I can see I'm overwhellmed with them will I actually feed heavily from them. Only a male here and there....
There was a time when I was cleaning the bin and a male escaped. I didn't know it until I found him in the room later. They are easily retrieved by a pair of tweezers or tongs by the wings or antenea. My larger female seems to really like them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom