Not so Black Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when ever we take Norbert outside, he seems to get upset if you approach him.
This is the most upset (bearding) I have seen him though, yet his beard never turns black, like others I have seen.

Is is possible that his beard will never turn fully black, and he just shows more of it than others?
filemanager.cfm

filemanager.cfm

cyberdrone

Original Poster
The vet did a check for me last time i was there... she didnt even have to guess at it. His glands (holes) are massive, along with 2 bumps at the vent area.

that being said... the first day of my vacation I decided to sleep in late and this is what i woke up to. I fell asleep on the couch that night... so i guess he saw me and couldnt figure out why i wasnt feeding him..so he got upset with me.

filemanager.cfm

cyberdrone

Original Poster
I want to point out that Norbert, although it may not seem like it with the above photos, is SUPER SUPER SUPER spoiled, loved and well taken care of. He is treated like a precious little baby. There is NEVER malicious attempts to get him to beard or puff up. ever.

When he goes outside, he just gets scared and the attempt to take a picture was only done to get info.. it wasnt provoked nor did it take provoking to make him do that... it was just movement from a distance. when he puffed, I stopped and snapped the picture and then backed away.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No one would have thought anything malicios of you so dont worry :D His beard looks fine,some are not as dark as others but he looks to me to be a perfectly normal handsome boy!

lyates

Do females beardes not get as black as males? I've been wondering this exact same thing about lil man ( or maybe girl). :? Ive never seen any black when he puffs up

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Females can black beard but it is not usually as intense as a males,generally more like a grayish color although some do go black while others never do it.

Frito

Hatchling Member
i have two females and one that has a normally orange beard will black beard on occasion but not very often the other one that is larger but much more passive and tame will rarely beard let alone black beard or gape for that matter.

females definitely can and will black beard and they can also head bob at other females to show dominance over other females as well.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I have 1 male 19 months old who can head bob and footstomp and be so manly if he sees a female. His beard never goes black. Might go a slight gray but thats about it. If we walk up on him outside he does just what yours does puffs up but no blackbeard. Hes 100% male you can only see his heme running along his tail. I have 1 female shes laid eggs so we know for sure who can blackbeard just like the males can. How old is he? I was told my male is just a late bloomer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom