Blocked Nostrils ! SOS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreki210

Hey fellow beardie fans.

Im having a bit of a panic attack regarding my wonderful darling little beardie girl Janis (info below)

I've noticed that her nostrils seem blocked. its not any foreign object that just appeared now. she is a lot smaller then Dre so i always thought it would "grow away" but its like each of her nostrils have "flops" in them. Is this normal? She has ALOT less airspace going in there then Dre. I just started looking closer and saw it couldn't be much she can breath through.

And she does open her mouth sometimes even when she is not basking recently and I have heard a few very low click sounds. But she has nothing running out of her nostrils nor mucus in her mouth or any other URI symptoms. I have done a lot of research today so i gave her some water trough the nostrils with a cotton earpin, just a little and i could se these floppes move and even closed the nostrils totally when it got a drop of water.

She eats a lot, poops every other day, always been tiny and cuddly, smaller, darker and different then Dre. (He has a whole different colour and strength)

Under all circumstances we will call the vet tomorrow but i couldnt wait and ya all seem so willing to help when googleing a beardie question :D
We would really like to hear your guys opinion on this ?

Dreki210

Dragon Mum and Dad to: Dre (called Dreki) 42cm and Janis 32cm, both 9 months.
Tank: with 35cm / hight 70cm
All the fancy light/warm equipment. Been on sand but got papers now.
22 - 42 degrees (highest in basking zone)
eat green leaves, love rucola. and crickets. vitamins. Occational wax worms as treat.
Behavior: pretty lazy but do move around when outside the viv. She´s smaller but very much the boss of the house.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
its probably part of the shed.
the nostris shed as well and they have skin plugs thet get worked loose.
perfectly normal

dreki210

Original Poster
Thanx for your reply Tom, very much appreciated. It could very well be the case, i do suspect these flops to be something else then skin. But your answer did put me at ease. Again, thx for reply ! :)

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
When I first got Louie, she was placed in sand, and her nose would get clogged with it. I would take a q tip and gently wipe off the nostril. No more sand for us!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Initially it sounds like shed but if you could post a pic that would be very helpful.

dreki210

Original Poster
hey guys and thanx for your reply! just saw them now. janis is a sleep so i will take some close ups when shes up. thx again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom