Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
deb im so sorry, please give roger my prayers too. i really dont know what else to say but my heart goes out to you.

(((hugs))) from my poopers

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Deb and Roger--

I am so sorry to hear about Issy. She was such a sweet girl!!!! You guys have had so much loss in these past few weeks. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your beardie babies and my heart grieves with you!!!
Sending you hugs and love...
Cindy & Kiera

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Gina, what a beautiful picture, and to include Angel and Dino at the top of the rainbow was such a wonderful touch. It really helps.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I wanted to thank everyone for your prayers and well wishes. We're still in shock, it'll hit me again on the weekend when I'm not so busy. I had trouble at work yesterday, huge headache, mainly from crying, so got home early. But was ok today (thank goodness, I get in trouble when I don't stay for my full shift), but what could I do.

Issy is at peace, at least, she didn't suffer long, poor baby. She was such a little thing, all dark grey & suffering when we brought her home, so I'm glad we were able to give her a healthy life until now.

Thanks again everyone, you don't know how hearing from all of you has helped me. Issy joins Angel and Dino as wonderful memories and they're in our hearts.

Deb & Roger

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The internet was down yesterday, so finally got Issy's memorial finished just now. It's really pic heavy.

Deb & Roger

I'll get caught up on the rest of our crew in a few days.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Deb! I just got home from NY last night and this morning Barb told me about Issy. I am so very sorry :( You and Roger have sure had some heartache to deal with here lately. How are you both doing?
I read that you might be getting a rescue :D I don't know if you had read about my sweet dog that I rescued right before Christmas, but she has been a wonderful addition to our family. I cannot imagine life without her. I too had always been a cat person and was not sure how I would feel about having a dog. She(Bonnie) is quite the opposite of my cats, that's for sure! She needs and wants so much love and attention, where as the cats could care less, as long as they have food, LOL.
Let us know how the dog adoption goes.
Sending big monster (((HUGS))) to you and Roger!
R.I.P. Dear Issy

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":2szhk3bd said:
The internet was down yesterday, so finally got Issy's memorial finished just now. It's really pic heavy.

Deb & Roger

I'll get caught up on the rest of our crew in a few days.

Deb, I saw the thread last night and bawled like a baby. She reminds me so much of my Lilly, I cannot even imagine what you all are going through :(

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I just read the memorial you wrote for Issy. Very sweet and touching! She had a good life with you and it showed in all the pics.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn and Sara;

Roger didn't get little Dakota as our building recently brought down a by-law that no pitbulls, or any mixes are allowed in our building. I told Roger to think about getting another type of dog, I think he'd really enjoy that, so he's thinking about it. And we're going to put our name as contact for rescued beardies.

Now Lonzo had the same as happened to Issy, this am, was able to get him to the vet and she's doing xrays & other tests. He seemed fine by the time we got to the vet, but we're puzzled as to what happened to him. So we're home today to get news from the vet. I'll keep you posted, but the vet said he'd be fine, thank god...I worked on him for 20 min to keep him breathing & it worked, unlike Issy.

Sweetie, Leo and Rubio are all doing fine as of right now. I'm just going to give them their salads, as got interruped with Lonzo. I'm a bit paranoid right now...but that will pass once we know Lonzo's allright.

Thanks for the good wishes, we sure do miss Issy, she was as loved as all the others. She was our special little beardie, we still expect to see her, so it's going to take awhile to get over that. Your thoughts & prayers have already helped a great deal.

Deb & Roger

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my! What happened?! I'm sure you and Roger were beside youselves seeing Lonzo like that. Hope there will be good news from the vets -- like he just didn't digest well the night before or something simple like that.

Too bad about not being able to get the rescue. That's really a shame. Hope you'll be able to find another more suitable to the building's rules.

Deb, I hope you won't take offense if I don't read Issy's memorial :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Not at all Gina, not to worry, it'll always be there. It just helped me alot to realize that we did do well by Issy, if we hadn't bought her that day, she would have died. So we gave her 17 extra months of love and lots of antics. She was a great climber, so I think she's already climbing the nearest hill on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Because of that image I can enjoy my other beardies.

Lonzo's had x-rays, he's over the worst and the vet is doing a barium to check his insides. He is over 7 yrs old, so best she check everything, Leo's got the run of the computer room while Lonzo's away, he's buzzing around as he loves to do, trying to climb on or over anything & everything.

So I'll see you later, it's time to spend some time with Sweetie Rubio and Leo
I should be hearing from the vet soon.

Deb & Roger

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I just called the vet's office, they just did the 2nd barium xray done on Lonzo & as soon as the Doc can read the xrays they'll call us to pick him up. So far he's ok. That's a relief, he didn't seem ok this am. Poor Lonzo, he hates going to the vet!

Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Just got the call from the vet, Lonzo even did a poop for them, all is normal including his poop which is negative for any parasites. Good news. :D The vet wants to see Lonzo in another week, just to make sure. I'm just so glad that he's ok, we still don't know what happened and the vet is as puzzled as we are. Guess we'll have to check into the supers and see if they have anything to do with this. It's just very strange.

Deb and Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom