Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Barbara, Roger came home shortly after I put on this post, so he knows. We're just so sad, it was so quick and unexpected. She didn't seem sick yesterday at all, until last night when she just threw up, then had trouble breathing. Our little Issy, was so young, it's still such a shock. I'm going to have to stop crying, I've got to get to work. I'll post something tonight.

Deb & Roger
and yes Barbara, I'm so thankful for Sweetie, Lonzo, Rubio and Leo; they're helping me keep my sanity.

We love you, sweet little Issy and we'll always miss you. Now you're with Angel and Dino and all the other beardies that have passed; on Rainbow Bridge. Now you don't have any pain and you're at peace, with lots of mountains to climb and lots of adventures to have. We'll always love you and miss you Issy, my sweet baby.
Mommy and Daddy

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Deb, my heart's aching right along with you and Roger. I can't believe Issy is gone :cry:

May Issy rest in eternal peace and find Dino and Angel over at the Rainbow Bridge.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Barbara,

I did make it to work, a bit late, but I'm here. My head feels like it's full of cotton candy. Latest is we may be adopting a dog. Roger went to the shelter after seeing an ad. She's a pitbull, black, 10 yrs old, in good shape & she fell in love with Roger (that doesn't surprise me, he has a knack with dogs). So I go tomorrow am, if she likes me, too, I think Roger said the fee is $50. I'll let you know. I've never had a dog so this will be a new experience. She won't take Issy's place, but at least Roger will stop bugging me about getting a dog. She's a small pitbull, much smaller than Deja next door. I'll let you know. Time to get back on the phone. Thanks for your good wishes.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Deb, I am SO terribly sorry. Can't believe that Issy passed and that quickly. :( Thinking of you and Roger.
sympathy-221.gif

R.I.P. Issy with all of our other very special beardies that have passed.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Deb and Roger,
Diane alerted me to this thread a few minutes ago.I am soooooo sorry :cry: :cry: It's especially tough when it happens so suddenly and unexpected :(
Jojo and I are sending you (((hugs)))

PS:Diane,that is a BEAUTIFUL picture of Rainbow Bridge.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Deb
Sara and Diane told me what was going on. I am at a loss of words for you except that I am sorry. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.It is an awful thing to lose such beloved friends.
I am happy to hear you may be giving another soul a forever home.I hope that does work out for you guys.I think he may just have been heaven sent even if he isn't a beardie :wink:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm soo sorry about Izzy. I can't help wondering if her previous (before she was with you) life and her laying infertile eggs made her weaker. I do know that they can be ill and us not know it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your good wishes. We still have no idea why Issy got so sick so suddenly. She did lay 2 clutches of eggs, but thanks to Tracie's advice in giving our girls liquid calcium according to their weight after laying, but Sweetie and Issy recovered very well, so we don't think it's that. Issy threw up some greens around supper time yesterday. Roger didn't think anything of it, as she seemed to be ok afterwards. He cuddled her as he normally does and put her to bed. It was only when I got home & realized she was really having trouble breathing that we both realized she was really sick. It was only a couple of hours after she was put to bed that I got home, so it was a great shock to find her having so much trouble breathing. We kept our eye on her (not getting alot of sleep) and we were sure she would be ok until we got her to the vet, but she passed away at 7a & the vet office opened at 9:30. She did have some loose poops, we were planning to get her to the vet this Friday to check for parasites. She seemed fine all weekend and yesterday, too, ate well, pooped in the bath, ran around as she usually does. It's been such a shock, 3 beardies in 2 months. I check & re-checked Sweetie & the boys to make sure they were ok. We still don't know what happened, our sweet little Issy. I'll be putting together a memorial when I can think straight.

As for our new family member, she's not ours yet. She's a 10 yr old female pitbull named Sahara, she's black with a white puff on her chest. I get to meet her tomorrow and if that meeting goes well, she's ours. Roger has always wanted a dog, he especially likes pitbulls, he's always found they've been misunderstood. We've been babysitting Deja, our neighbours dog, here and there for over a year & she's a real sweetheart. Roger's really fallen for her, so what could I do? I've never had a dog, being a cat person, but I love Deja, too, so I guess there's a little dog person inside me. We go to the rescue tomorrow (this is our town rescue), get approved and when we pay the fee on Friday, she'll be ours, my first dog. Should be interesting.

I've always loved all our dragons, it's amazing how they can nestle in your heart, and if it werent for taking care of Sweetie, Lonzo, Leo and Rubio, I think I would have broken down completely. What was funny is Sweetie, who's tank is beside Issy, kept looking over and was very quiet this am, as if she knew Issy was having trouble. Even Lonzo and Leo were quiet this morning, not doing their usual bobbing and giving me comforting looks every time I'd look at them. They are all amazing and we're going to miss Issy so much.

I keep going over and over what either of us could have done differently and we honestly can't think what we could have done. I'm just sorry she couldn't let us know she was having a problem before it got so bad.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words,
Deb and Roger.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I have no idea how you must feel. Just know that she lived the best life any beardie could live. She'll be with you forever.

If you ever need to talk, we're hear for you!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Deb and Roger, I'm so sorry to hear about Issy. It's so hard to say goodbye to our babies. I am thinking of you. {{{hugs}}}

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Oh, Deb, I just can't believe it! You and Roger must be beside yourselves. You guys have been thru a very rough couple of months and I can't imagine how you are feeling. I will always remember Issy as the pic of her waving is my all-time favorite beardie pic. She was certainly a beautiful girl and lucky to have you n Roger to dote on her.

(((Big hugs n kisses to you)))

Jane, Boodah and Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom