Is that what shedding looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stubs had a good chunk of his tail that has gone a grey colour. , on leg is the same, and the foot on the other leg. The skin also feeld different on those parts, not as rough as the rest of him. He hasn't shed since we have been watching him. Is that the skin does before he sheds?

Any insights would be great. thanks!!! :D

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Nope not yet!!!! I just came home and he threw his salad all over hi viv today and is sitting in the dish!!!

Meadow is super black today. She's miffed about something. Not sure what though. I have two cranky beardies!!!

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Well Stubs started shedding...and I cought him trying to eat some of his old skin last night!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Meadow is also starting to shed. Even though they are in seperate viv's, do they usualy tandum shed like this?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Meadow is also starting to shed. Even though they are in seperate viv's, do they usualy tandum shed like this?
Pretty much...at times it may seem as they are in a constant shed when growing alot or as they get older it's in patches one patch here one patch there....10 of the 14 beardies in my house are preparing for or shedding right now beardies range from 7weeks to 7+ years. The other 3 just finished a shed.

Glad to hear they are shedding it's a good thing. :wink:
Beardies will often eat their own shed :bleick: ....I have read that sometimes it's a sign of low calcium but personally I think more often it's just what they are programmed to do. I mean in the wild they may do this to not leave any trails for their ground preditors. Or to recycle any calcium in the shed skin. And sometimes it's just because they like to taste everything and when they try to taste the skin it sticks to their tongues so they have to eat it. Just a few of my thoughts. :)

BTW...feel free to post pic's of Meadow and Stubs. :wink: Hint...hint! :lol:

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
This is Stubs...we are just lizard sitting him untill his owner gets settled in his new town.

002.jpg

This is Meadow. She's 2 1/2. Translucent (when she is happy). And she's a pig!! Boy does she get mad when she doesnt get crix everyday!!!!!!!!

041.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
So I take it Meadow is just a little spoiled???? :wink:

Your friend has a cute beardie too...Stubs looks a little mischievous in that pic. :love5:

Thanks for sharing the pic's they are adorable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom