hyperactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistybugs

Is there a way that I can get my bearded dragon to not ran crazy everytime I hold her. I see all these pictures and the bearded dragons are just calm and contant and there is no way that my BD would every do that kind of thing. It is almost like my beardie has ADHD.

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
When my late beardie was a baby he would run like a mad man never stay still and I had to becareful not to loose him if I took him out as he grew up he calmed down and would take naps on my chest.

mistybugs

Original Poster
I hope that she settles down because I love looking at people pics and seeing how they just lay on the keyboard while they are doing things or laying on their shoulders and things like that and I would love to be able to do that with mine but if she is not in my hands still likes to try to jump off of me. I am afraid to put her on the floor because she runs crazy fast and we have a huge down that chases things that run. He will not bite the animal that is running but will chase it and I do not want to stress my beardie out. I also have a 2 year old that I do not know what he would do to her if he got a hold of her. Does anyone know if there are like circle open cages anywhere to put them in so they can run around but not get out? I would be interested in buying one of those for when it gets hotter outside and I start taking her outside. Maybe that will also help calm her down if I give her the space to run outside of her cage.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Most beardies slow down with age. Younger ones have a million things to discover. When you see a picture of someone's beardie just 'hanging out', remember that it is just a picture and chances are that they were only able to keep them still for that second.

You can get a baby play pin and let your beardie climb around in that. For outside, you may want to get a bit more inventive and maybe someone else can step in with a better idea for the outside. I don't trust birds not to try to steal my babies, so I just perch them on me and let them soak up the rays.

mistybugs

Original Poster
That is a good idea and I have a play pin because I am getting ready to have another baby in the next couple of months. With outside I ould never leave her for a minute because I would fear a bird and many other things. Thank you for the ideas though those were very useful.

mistybugs

Original Poster
That is a good idea and I have a play pin because I am getting ready to have another baby in the next couple of months. With outside I ould never leave her for a minute because I would fear a bird and many other things. Thank you for the ideas though those were very useful.

ChellyBeans":31qqea2t said:
You can get a baby play pin and let your beardie climb around in that. For outside, you may want to get a bit more inventive and maybe someone else can step in with a better idea for the outside. I don't trust birds not to try to steal my babies, so I just perch them on me and let them soak up the rays.

With Specky, we purchased chain-link fence pieces and strapped them together, so she had a 12x8x6 foot outdoor enclosure we could take her to in the morning and collect her at night. She was a LOT bigger than anything that could fit through the links, so no worries.

mistybugs

Original Poster
That is a really good idea I would never had thought about anything like that. I will have to look into those kinds of things thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom