Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Deb: Emily n I loved the bath video! :D Leo must have wore himself out w/all that swimming! All that black bearding is too funny. Emily asked me y his beard is black all the time. I told her be/c he's basically a teenager like her brother n now she gets it! Aren't hormones fun??? :wink: I'm not goin thru it w/Crush yet but Frankie can b a real pain in the rump most days! He's sure lucky i luv him-lol.

Anyway, luv the pics. Leo is adorable. He looks so healthy n happy!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Jane, glad you & Emily liked the swimming video; he does this every morning. You'd think he'd be winded, but not Leo. Once he's back in his tank and dry, he starts blackbearding & trying to jump up the side of his tank into Issy's. So he's been moved to the computer room, where Lonzo lives. When Lonzo's not up (he gets up late & goes to bed early), Leo can be out of his tank. He was going NUTS having females nearby, so this will work. Now we have space for a baby or juvie but not right away :wink: . We'd still have to get a new tank. Then I think that's the limit, but then I said 5 was the limit...we'll see... :roll:

Deb & Leo

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Wanted to let u know I tried ur idea w/the salad n it went over great! Crush loved the shredded squash n greens. He ate it as soon as he warmed up! Boodah doesn't usually eat his salad until the afternoon so we'll see what he does.

Leo really is like a teenage boy, letting the girls drive him crazy! So Crush will probably start blackbearding soon? Is it 7 or 8 months old they start?

So, u n roger r thinking about another? I don't know how u do it! My 2 keep me awfully busy. Any idea who u will get it from?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Jane, glad Crush like the salad, you can add other stuff to it, too. Hope Boodah likes it too.

Leo's in the computer room, he's going thru a bit of relocation stress, plus he's not as excited as when he could sense and/or see the girls, so this will be better for him. Lonzo and him are going to have to share the outside tank space. Leo's been under the big Power Sun since 5a, Lonzo isn't up & it's 8:19 here. He's been sleeping in & going to bed by about 2, and as Leo doesn't sleep until about 5p, he'll have lots of out of tank time. It's only the 2nd day, we'll see how they manage.

Deb and Leo.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Deb & Roger!

WoW! Leo has some serious hormonal issues goin' on right now doesn't he? :lol:
He looks so proud on the back of dad's chair. :love5:

Blaze has been black bearding pretty much from the minute he wakes up till he goes to bed. The only time his beard isn't black is when he's in the bath or sleeping. I'm not sure if black beards make yellow beardies look more yellow or if it's their yellow that makes their beards look so black. :shock: :laughing6:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Barbara,

We've put Leo into the computer room, he'll have to share with Lonzo. His trashing of his tank was driving us nuts. He obviously has a BIG thing for our girls. Now that he's out of the living room, all has calmed down. Issy definitely has eggs, she laid one in her tank this am, plus she's been digging like crazy in her laybox, so you can see why we had to get Leo out of the living room. when it was the three girls, that was different, even though they couldn't be together out of their tanks, they still were ok to have their tanks side by side. So Leo & Lonzo eyed each other this am, but no other issues. They soon calmed down. So we're juggling beardies again, what's new?

I think the black beard makes their yellow's come out more. Rubio glows sometimes when he's black bearding, or excited about something. I've noticed the same with Lonzo, he'll be bearding something in his territory & his yellows come right out. It's uncanny. Leo, on the other hand, gets darker when he black beards, but when he's had his swim in the tub, he turns completely yellow. He really likes to be in water, I would almost think he was a water dragon!

HUGS to your gang from our gang. I've been unsubscribed to all your threads, as well as a bunch of others I was following. Haven't had a minute to find them again, so that will be my project over the next few weeks. I tell you, working full-time sure takes a chunk out of my day! Oh, well, only 10 more years before I retire.

Deb and Leo

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Dawn, thanks for checking. Leo loves to blackbeard; the only time I don't see one is at the end of his bath. He loves to swim and gets more and more yellow the more he swims, until his head is bright yellow and his body a light gold. It's quite amazing to see & my camera doesn't seem to do his colours justice (well what else is new!).

Leo got moved into the computer room; he was in the living room, but would go nuts if he as much as heard Issy or Sweetie make a noise. It was getting too much for him, Issy was carrying eggs (she lay them 10 days ago) and Sweetie's started making eggs again. So best none of the boys can see the girls, it would be even crazier than it is now. I'm just hoping that Issy decides laying eggs is alot of work and doesn't make any anymore; who would have thought we'd have 2 egg layers! :shock: I thought 1 was enough.

I have some new pics of Leo, they're still in the camera, so will try to get them up asap. I'm going to see if I can get this thread moved out of Introductions to Beardie Tales.

Deb and Leo

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aww... poor hormonal Leo! He just couldn't take being around those girls anymore, huh?! I'm surprised you had room in your place to move him away from the girls :lol: Maybe you should turn your bedroom into a large viv, then you wouldn't have room issues :roll: :lol:
Sounds like Sweetie is quite the egg-laying machine, LOL.
Glad to hear they are all doing well :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn, I'm glad they're doing well, too. just waiting for some sunshine to come out, then Roger can juggle them so they each get some sun. May stimulate some appetites, as they're not eating a whole lot right now.

How's Bligg & Rex and your family; I got unsubscribed from all the threads I was following so have to go find Bliggy's. I did find the comic strip, you have a great imagination, and we all just love both of your threads!

Off to give baths, Lonzo's turn, I'll have pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Deb and Leo

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's been awhile since I got on Leo's thread, decided I'd make this thread about our family of dragons. We also adopted a little guy named Dino on Sunday, March 28, he seemed fine until he started seizures on Friday, April 2 and passed away. It was a very sad day, as Dino was so pretty, but his husbandry wasn't good. He'd been under a Reptiglo 10.0 coil & his basking light was a 50W bulb and he was still in a 20 gallon tank. We had alot of fun with him the few days we had him. RIP Dino, I know you're at Rainbow Bridge and Angel is there to welcome him. So here are the pics I took while he was with us: He was 15" long, never got his weight & was supposed to be 10 mo old, he just have had something seriuosly wrong with him before we got him. Our vet's office was closed when he got so sick & we did our best to keep him alive:

Dino's first day, he liked his hide right away, he was also in a bigger tank 29 gal for now:
sweetie2008709.jpg

sweetie2008710.jpg

sweetie2008711.jpg

Standing:
sweetie2008715.jpg

sweetie2008717.jpg

On the community pillow under a power sun:
sweetie2008720.jpg

sweetie2008721.jpg

Resting on his Orca (an old puppet of my son's)
sweetie2008725.jpg

sweetie2008726.jpg

Playing on Roger's large armchair:
sweetie2008731.jpg

sweetie2008733.jpg

sweetie2008735.jpg

RIP Dino, with love

Deb & my zoo

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley1616.gif

Deb, I'm so sorry that Dino didn't make it. But from the looks of those pics, he seemed to be very happy in the short time that he was under your care.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

Dino looked really happy & was a great looking dragon. I am so sorry that you lost him. :cry:

Tracie

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Oh Deb, I m so sorry to hear about Dino. I haven't been on much at all the last two weeks so I completwly missed this. U n Roger were so kind to open ur home to Dino and I am sure he was happy to be there. U've had a rough two months and my heart breaks for u. ((( Big hugs from me, Boodah and Crush )))

I am glad Leo and Lonzo are settling in nicely sharing the office. Has Issy finished laying yet? What r Rubio and Sweetie up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom