Beardie with Intention Tremors. CBD seems to work??

This forum is for advanced discussions on bearded dragon healthcare. Advanced discussions are those that are not necessarily for the general hobbyist, contains practices that should not be applied by those lacking experience, or may be for theoretical discussions that we do not want to have confused with recommended care.

Re: Beardie with Intention Tremors. CBD seems to work??

Postby MissCutiePatootie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 pm

claudiusx wrote:Any updates for us? Did you start round 2 yet?
Hope hes been doing well :)

-Brandon

Hey Brandon!
I have not started round #2. I've had lots of IRL stuff happening and been very busy, sorry about that! I've been at my sisters a lot this summer to help her out and she is selling/moving so there's been lots of prepping going on inside the house. It will probably be this way off and on for the next month or so but I will still try to keep you posted with updates.

I had to move him to a new location in a temporary enclosure for the time being because the house was being painted inside. Now the temperature inside the house isn't controlled by central air anymore and his temps have been harder to control with weather changes + the temporary setup. The tremors fluctuate from day to day. He's gone a few days with no tremors witnessed but then I notice them mildly again a day later. However, I have so much going on I haven't been able to monitor him like I was before and only been checking on him from time to time (Mostly his temps). Once things settle down with IRL stuff, I'll be able to pay more attention to detail again and start another round. I may start another treatment on the 26th I'm thinking. Fumes will be gone and we will be back in central air by then.

His head tremors have only come back 50% in the last 11 days. They seem to have plateaued on the 5-6th day post treatment and aren't getting any worse. Some days I see no tremors at all! It looks like his last treatment erased over a years worth of regression. I don't know if that is true though, I'm skeptical still. Thanks for checking in on him!
MissCutiePatootie
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Drache613 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello!

That is some good news though, he has definitely had a positive response to the CBD
oil though. At least he has had far less tremor issues than before. Does he seem to be
feeling good also & is active too?
Good luck with organizing for moving your sister, that is so time consuming! Definitely
keep us posted on the 2nd round.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby claudiusx » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 am

Thanks for the update! That is good that the tremors seem less consistent! :D

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby MrSpectrum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 am

Late to the party.

Since you (seem to) have a vet who's open-minded to this, if it were me, I'd work out dosing & testing schedules with her/him. They're trained in a more (can't think of the word I'm thinking of... :banghead: ) scientific (will do for now) method, rather than shotgunning.

Alternatively, you might contact one of the veterinary colleges that's engaging in this kind of research.
Some interesting looking links come up googling reptile veterinary research

YMMV. Best Wishes
MrSpectrum
Juvie Poster

Postby MissCutiePatootie » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:18 am

Hey guys, I haven't started Malachi's next round yet. Been very busy with my nieces, the new school year and helping my sister sell her house and getting things moving. Malachi's tremors have come back probably 75% roughly. I'm still waiting to see the full on head wobble he does at it's worst. He's still eating his bugs on his own but no luck on greens.

Drache613 wrote:Hello!

That is some good news though, he has definitely had a positive response to the CBD
oil though. At least he has had far less tremor issues than before. Does he seem to be
feeling good also & is active too?
Good luck with organizing for moving your sister, that is so time consuming! Definitely
keep us posted on the 2nd round.

Tracie

Hey Tracie! :mrgreen: To answer your question about his activity level and behavior, I'd say yes. He seems comfortable and normal. He is more active when he's been treated with the CBD oil. When he's out of his enclosure he likes to explore more and has no problem trying to jump off the bed to run around on the floor with his tail curled up lol makes me nervous every time. :silent: He normally just wants to go to the highest peak of the blankets or snuggle into me for a nap.

claudiusx wrote:Thanks for the update! That is good that the tremors seem less consistent! :D

-Brandon

Of course Brandon! Don't be afraid to poke me for an update if it's been a while. My head is a little spacey these days. :)

MrSpectrum wrote:Late to the party.

Since you (seem to) have a vet who's open-minded to this, if it were me, I'd work out dosing & testing schedules with her/him. They're trained in a more (can't think of the word I'm thinking of... :banghead: ) scientific (will do for now) method, rather than shotgunning.

Alternatively, you might contact one of the veterinary colleges that's engaging in this kind of research.
Some interesting looking links come up googling reptile veterinary research

YMMV. Best Wishes

Thank you for the suggestions MrSpectrum! I have not taken Malachi to the vet since earlier this year where I was told that there wasn't anything they could do for him. When it started affecting his health and quality of life, euthanasia would need to be considered. It's sad to even think about. :( He's overall healthy minus the tremors. It's been a long ongoing thing that has stopped him from eating on his own. He still has the will to try and take bites of food every now and again but when he misses more than 1-2x he gives up. I have had to hand feed him for a long time. It sucks because there are times I can't dedicate as much time to his feedings as I would like to. I've tried to change that by encouraging him to eat on his own using many different methods so he could take care of himself in my absence and eat. CBD is the last resort.

I'll be taking him back to the vets to have more labs done after his next treatment to test his liver function. I will discuss it all with him when that time comes.

I'm open to any related research material you may find if you happen to have an interest in it as well. If not, that's fine. I'm honestly pretty mentally fatigued to sort through anything myself at the moment but when I've regained myself I'll take a looksies. Thank you!
MissCutiePatootie
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Healthcare