Heater Rock??

huntereby2017

I know in the care sheet says that my beardie shouldn't have a heated rock, but I was wondering if it would be alright to get him one and only use it for the winter. I live in Iowa and our heating in the house isn't the best so winters can get a little colder in the house. Would it be alright for me to get him one?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How cold does your house get? You dont need to add supplemental heat unless tank temps are dropping below 60 at night. And if they are, you really should just use a ceramic heat emitter. It's a much more effective route, and probably cheaper too.
The che will add heat in a gradient throughout the tank at night so that the whole tank stays slightly warmer. With the heat rock the whole tank would still be cold. He'd only be warm if he decided to lay on it.

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom