Need New UVB

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good bulb. Do you already have a T5 bulb and fixture that size? If so, then you may not need to replace it yet. A good T5 should last at least a year before needing replacement.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I have the bulb that same with (bulb was already in the fixture when I bought it at the store). The fixture says "USE ONLY 39 W T5 HO LAMP" and the actual bulb says "REPTISUN 5.0 UVB"

How long should I wait to replace it if I want to be on the safe side? I have always hear 6 months, and 5 to be safe... is that only for T8 or non-HO bulbs?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the T5 bulbs should last at least a year. I measure mine with a Solarmeter and my Arcadia T5 is still going strong after 3+ years. The 6 month recommendation comes mostly from T8s and older bulbs. Best to replace it after a year or so if you aren't measuring the output just to be on the safe side, because they do decay over time. The 5.0 bulb has a lower output than the 10.0 / 12% bulbs so you'll want it at about the same distance as a T8 (6-8'' above the basking area). I would replace it with a 10.0 or 12% bulb if you need to mount it further than that. You can still use the existing T5 fixture for those bulbs.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom