Need New UVB

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good bulb. Do you already have a T5 bulb and fixture that size? If so, then you may not need to replace it yet. A good T5 should last at least a year before needing replacement.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I have the bulb that same with (bulb was already in the fixture when I bought it at the store). The fixture says "USE ONLY 39 W T5 HO LAMP" and the actual bulb says "REPTISUN 5.0 UVB"

How long should I wait to replace it if I want to be on the safe side? I have always hear 6 months, and 5 to be safe... is that only for T8 or non-HO bulbs?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the T5 bulbs should last at least a year. I measure mine with a Solarmeter and my Arcadia T5 is still going strong after 3+ years. The 6 month recommendation comes mostly from T8s and older bulbs. Best to replace it after a year or so if you aren't measuring the output just to be on the safe side, because they do decay over time. The 5.0 bulb has a lower output than the 10.0 / 12% bulbs so you'll want it at about the same distance as a T8 (6-8'' above the basking area). I would replace it with a 10.0 or 12% bulb if you need to mount it further than that. You can still use the existing T5 fixture for those bulbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom