Best method for night time

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Best method for night time

Postby Tasnene » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 am

Hello guys hope everyone is doing good . Temperatures are starting to drop. My poor baby Yeti is cold . I have a big tank and I’m trying to figure out the best method for heating at night . Eventually I want to turn my tank into a live tank with plants, and soil. I’m told ceramic bulbs can harm the plants, also I’m worried it will on heat up one area. She’s been consistent sleeping in the middle but you never know. Heating mats I think I want to try how ever I’m not sure how that works. She’s mostly hanging out on top ( her hammocks ) she doesn’t really hangout at the bottom. I’m also not sure how effective a mat will be for a live tank. I know fore sure I don’t want to do anything that emits light, from all I have read I’m just not comfortable with that option. If any of you guys happen to have a live tank or can help with how you keep your tanks warm at night I would appreciate the help and advice. Cause 60 f is not good.
Tasnene
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Best method for night time

Postby dhensley » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 am

I use a heater at night for my Iggy that I hot from Amazon
dhensley
Newbie Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:05 am

You can use a ceramic heat emitter or a heat projector - neither puts out light, so they won't disturb your beardie's sleep. :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 am

You can use a ceramic heat emitter or a heat projector - neither puts out light, so they won't disturb your beardie's sleep. :0)
JumpinJellyfish wrote:You can use a ceramic heat emitter or a heat projector - neither puts out light, so they won't disturb your beardie's sleep. :0)

I just noticed where you had concerns about the che - you could use a thermostat with it. :0)
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby Tasnene » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

I just ordered one from amazon so hopefully it helps I got a 100w heat emitter bulb :)
Tasnene
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Moved by Moderator from Advanced Discussion to Enclosures
claudiusx

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Tasnene wrote:I just ordered one from amazon so hopefully it helps I got a 100w heat emitter bulb :)

Great! It should help for sure :0)
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures