Repticon Buying Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
I know at a pet store, like petsmart or petco, you have to be 18. Does that follow for Repticon shows? Is it more a vendor specific thing, or does Repticon require ID (and 18 yrs old) to buy a bearded dragon? I'm almost 17, so I was going to go on my own but if i need someone 18 then I can take someone. Its not a big deal, I'm just curious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm pretty sure you enter the show and buy what you want. Some vendors may be fine with it, others may require a parent to be with you, especially if you're purchasing a high dollar item. You could contact the vendors on the list to ask the specific ones you're interested in how they deal with minors. When I used to sell at shows I sometimes would have a minor phone their parent when purchasing from me. It didn't mean anything if they were with a friend over 18, it was the parent that needs to allow the purchase. I once sold 2 dragons to a young man [ I didn't suspect he was under 18 ] He came back an hour later to say his parents only would let him have one, so I refunded.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ah, good idea to contact them. My parents are aware and don't mind the purchase and I'm currently working on a tank for him as well as a spot for it. So I will have to contact a few and talk to them and see how they feel about it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually most vendors would sell to your friend as long as he's 18 , and they might not even be concerned unless you look really young. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You'll probably have a great time. :) You might look up the specific dragon vendors before hand to get an idea of what they have. I see that Dragonz Down Under will be there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, I've never vended or gone to shows in that part of the country. I have seen the website of the one I mentioned + thought the dragons looked good, but I have never seen them in person.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":6czrchpo said:
No, I've never vended or gone to shows in that part of the country. I have seen the website of the one I mentioned + thought the dragons looked good, but I have never seen them in person.

Well I will be sure to let you guys know who I see and what Dragons were and nice. And there will be plenty of pictures of my new dragon and the event!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
If you are in the Houston area, you are probably only an hour or two from Kids N Dragons! They've got some great looking dragons both available now and coming soon!

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HKzForDayz":2xyspdw9 said:
If you are in the Houston area, you are probably only an hour or two from Kids N Dragons! They've got some great looking dragons both available now and coming soon!

I am really close to Houston, I really should check out Kids N Dragons and see what's in store! I've looked a couple of times in the past, but I'm sure they have some new stuff!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
GoneForLunch":g9tjoac8 said:
HKzForDayz":g9tjoac8 said:

I am really close to Houston, I really should check out Kids N Dragons and see what's in store! I've looked a couple of times in the past, but I'm sure they have some new stuff!

I can tell you for sure that they do have new stuff! I am actually friends with mike, the guy who runs KidsNDragons. I have one female thay comes from him as another reserved out of a clutch that will be ready early may. Below is a pic of the normal het hypo tiger female i got from him

43538-4725395609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom