Repticon Buying Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
I know at a pet store, like petsmart or petco, you have to be 18. Does that follow for Repticon shows? Is it more a vendor specific thing, or does Repticon require ID (and 18 yrs old) to buy a bearded dragon? I'm almost 17, so I was going to go on my own but if i need someone 18 then I can take someone. Its not a big deal, I'm just curious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm pretty sure you enter the show and buy what you want. Some vendors may be fine with it, others may require a parent to be with you, especially if you're purchasing a high dollar item. You could contact the vendors on the list to ask the specific ones you're interested in how they deal with minors. When I used to sell at shows I sometimes would have a minor phone their parent when purchasing from me. It didn't mean anything if they were with a friend over 18, it was the parent that needs to allow the purchase. I once sold 2 dragons to a young man [ I didn't suspect he was under 18 ] He came back an hour later to say his parents only would let him have one, so I refunded.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ah, good idea to contact them. My parents are aware and don't mind the purchase and I'm currently working on a tank for him as well as a spot for it. So I will have to contact a few and talk to them and see how they feel about it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Actually most vendors would sell to your friend as long as he's 18 , and they might not even be concerned unless you look really young. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You'll probably have a great time. :) You might look up the specific dragon vendors before hand to get an idea of what they have. I see that Dragonz Down Under will be there.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, I've never vended or gone to shows in that part of the country. I have seen the website of the one I mentioned + thought the dragons looked good, but I have never seen them in person.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":6czrchpo said:
No, I've never vended or gone to shows in that part of the country. I have seen the website of the one I mentioned + thought the dragons looked good, but I have never seen them in person.

Well I will be sure to let you guys know who I see and what Dragons were and nice. And there will be plenty of pictures of my new dragon and the event!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
If you are in the Houston area, you are probably only an hour or two from Kids N Dragons! They've got some great looking dragons both available now and coming soon!

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HKzForDayz":2xyspdw9 said:
If you are in the Houston area, you are probably only an hour or two from Kids N Dragons! They've got some great looking dragons both available now and coming soon!

I am really close to Houston, I really should check out Kids N Dragons and see what's in store! I've looked a couple of times in the past, but I'm sure they have some new stuff!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
GoneForLunch":g9tjoac8 said:
HKzForDayz":g9tjoac8 said:

I am really close to Houston, I really should check out Kids N Dragons and see what's in store! I've looked a couple of times in the past, but I'm sure they have some new stuff!

I can tell you for sure that they do have new stuff! I am actually friends with mike, the guy who runs KidsNDragons. I have one female thay comes from him as another reserved out of a clutch that will be ready early may. Below is a pic of the normal het hypo tiger female i got from him

43538-4725395609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom