How much to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trisharg

We have a dragon who is about 14 months. We have had him about 6 weeks. He loves his protein - perks right up as soon as a superworm or cricket is put in his tank. (We feed him predominantly supers these days). It is clear his greens are his least favorite. He also loves that Flukers Bearded Dragon Buffet. He was actually trying to eat the pellets through the jar yesterday. I know the 80/20 rule but I don't know how to follow it. Anyone care to tell me how to combine supers, pellets, and greens into a good diet for our guy? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Often the trick with the greens is variety. Try a few items in each salad and rotate it until you find something that's a hit. I've had good luck with turnip greens and squash. Chopped green beans are also popular. The transition should be gradual so be patient. If he is a healthy weight and continues to insist on bugs only you could try withholding bugs and offering nice big salads every day for some tough love. I use this list for ideas on what to add to salads. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom