KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please fix the website - it is very slow at loading post and replying to post -
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not just me then …. I was thinking maybe I'd angered the e-gods .

Yep it's EXTREMELY SLOW and some functions have stopped using ie the above buttons as earlier on today and forget trying to "View your Posts" all get is "computer says no , try again later"
Untitled.png

Seeing lots unwelcome adverts in the middle of posts as well.

Suspect maybe someone has hacked the board's code and is trying to or actually has hijacked it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko

Yep it's EXTREMELY SLOW and some functions have stopped ie the above buttons as earlier on today and forget trying to "View your Posts" all get is "computer says no , try again later"
Untitled.png

Suspect maybe someone has hacked the board's code and is trying to or actually has hijacked it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
kingofnobbys":n8n8pkv1 said:

Yep it's EXTREMELY SLOW and some functions have stopped ie the above buttons as earlier on today and forget trying to "View your Posts" all get is "computer says no , try again later"
Untitled.png

and just got this error message
Untitled1.png

I've seen this before elsewhere - was due to a bots overloading a servor in a denial of service attack.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Alex is aware of the issue and will have it resolved for us soon hopefully :)

-Brandon

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
kingofnobbys":s6cpxk6g said:
This is actually something with the way Google is doing the advertising stuff more. They try to "auto-detect" where to place ads. I am sure there are ways to "hint" to it as to where to place them better, but I simply haven't had the time to explore the documentation and test. What little time I have had to work on the site goes towards fixing the really bad (like the recent issue of the site not working at all), and slowly working to migrate everything to a slightly different architecture. This should eventually be transparent to people, but should help keep things more stable and make it easier for me to eventually upgrade the forum software to the newest stuff. It's all very slowly paced, though, as family life has pretty much consumed my free time. When I started this site (and for a good 10-15 years after starting), I was in my mid/late 20s and had LOTS of free geek-out time. Now (in my mid 40s), there's a wife, a toddler, and soon to be new baby... much less geek-out time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom