Any Chances of getting a dark mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
As the title suggests, Is there any chances of there being a dark mode for this website? Sometimes a lot of us lurk and post at the later times in the day/night and the bright white background really can hurt my eyes.
I Would love it (and I bet a few others would too) if we got the option of having a dark mode for this site. Just a suggestion. :D

-HippieLizards.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good suggestion.

Personally I am partial to the nostalgia I feel with the tan and green colors LOL. But, if it was a feature we could turn on and off, that would be great!

FWIW, I use the blue filter setting on my phone. After sunset it dims all blue light which makes everything a lot easier on the eyes. I have an android but I know the iphones also have a feature like that called night mode or something.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great idea, LOL, for us night people.
I too, have an app that decreases the screen brightness, according to the day/night cycle,
but it's on my computer. It helps a lot to filter out the brightness.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
claudiusx":18osvwkt said:
Good suggestion.

Personally I am partial to the nostalgia I feel with the tan and green colors LOL. But, if it was a feature we could turn on and off, that would be great!

FWIW, I use the blue filter setting on my phone. After sunset it dims all blue light which makes everything a lot easier on the eyes. I have an android but I know the iphones also have a feature like that called night mode or something.

-Brandon
Oh indeed I love the tan and green colors, But only in the daytime. Lol. The ability to turn it on and off would be great.

I Wish I had the blue filter on my IPhone but unfortunately it's an old potato and doesn't have that option, or a night mode.
Drache613":18osvwkt said:
Hello,

That is a great idea, LOL, for us night people.
I too, have an app that decreases the screen brightness, according to the day/night cycle,
but it's on my computer. It helps a lot to filter out the brightness.

Tracie
Nice. Looks like I need to get me a screen color filter lol.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
We'll see what the options are when I eventually get to upgrading the forum software. When I do that, I'll use their newer templates, and we'll see if it's possible to do within reason. No promises on that though. :) But it would be cool.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hey Thanks for replying! But cool that there might be some new stuff eventually. Either way it's cool.

The way this theme currently is isn't as eye killing as regular light themes for sites, it's more bearable. But thanks for considering it maybe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom