Image Upload Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Alex,

When you have no images uploaded to the user image uploader, and you click the XIMG button at the top of your post, it gives you the option to upload pictures. However, once you've done this, the feature disappears, and you can no longer use the XIMG button to upload pics, only view what you have and post them.

Getting to the User Image Uploader is nearly impossible on mobile. I actually haven't found a simple way to do it, so I keep a seperate tab open on my phones browser specifically for it.
We get lots of questions each week on how to find the user image uploader on mobile, so I think this would be a nice feature to have if you can make it happen.
PS. I still want multiple uploads at once! :twisted:

Happy New Year

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't find it difficult to get to on mobile via the menu button (I tend to upload from my phone most of the time instead of transferring photos to the computer). Perhaps the link could be set further up or in different/bolded text to make it more visible and quick to reach? I keep the page set as a bookmark too for quick access.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
The menu button doesnt work for me. It spazzes out and wont actually stay open. So if you're on a phone or browser where the menu doesnt work, there really isnt a way to get to it.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Huh, that's odd. Is it a browser specific issue? I mainly use Safari and Brave on iOS and those seem OK.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Chrome with android.

But still would make sense imo if it can be implemented to allow uploads from the ximg button since it's there to begin with. Or at least the link.

-Brandon

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have to go to the home button and scroll down till I find it near the bottom of the page in SMALL PRINT. It's kind of a pain in the (well you know) but it works for me till something better comes around.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":37thu99m said:
The menu button doesnt work for me. It spazzes out and wont actually stay open. So if you're on a phone or browser where the menu doesnt work, there really isnt a way to get to it.

-Brandon
Hey Brandon. I had the same issue if I tried to 'click' the menu button. If you scroll it down it stays open, at least on my phone, also android w/chrome. Tapping it would make it pop up and immediately close. Try scrolling it.
-Deb

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It was a simple change, but took me a bit to trace down WHERE to make that change. Also reminded me that I did a bunch of coding for this feature that I barely remember... looks good, but I definitely don't have time to code like i used to. *sigh* I kind of miss being a software developer, sometimes.

Anyway... now, if you DO have images, at the top of the XIMG popup is a link that will open the uploader in a new tab. Lemme know if that seems to solve the issue for ya. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Claudiusx":3d1wm8rz said:

-Brandon
I just go to the "HOME" page in the top header and scroll until I find the image uploaded link in a place that says, "image uploader is not available. Has worked for me since I first got here when using my phone (Android).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Gormagon":1w0an0od said:
Claudiusx":1w0an0od said:

-Brandon
I just go to the "HOME" page in the top header and scroll until I find the image uploaded link in a place that says, "image uploader is not available. Has worked for me since I first got here when using my phone (Android).

Well now all you need to do is click the XIMG above your post and you will have a link to the upload page too :)

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Claudiusx":l2n4xjcb said:
Chrome with android.

But still would make sense imo if it can be implemented to allow uploads from the ximg button since it's there to begin with. Or at least the link.

-Brandon
+1
Same for me as far as spazzy menu, and I also would like to upload from within the post, as I'm usually mid-conversation when I find I want to add a picture. It's a pain to leave the thread, upload a pic, and then try to find the thread again, since I read them straight from the "show unread" filter, and of course the post I was in has now been read. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom