The new plague: Ads.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
beardie":1dhcvofz said:
I was actually thinking of finding a way of having "sponsoring" be a way to disable ads for that member. Currently, the amount of money coming from sponsoring is pretty minimal (maybe $15/mo). But, it would be worth having it detect a person's login, see they're a sponsor, and just disable loading any ads.

Again... an idea in the works... it MIGHT be something I could start working on as I work on migrating to the newer software (where I have to work in the templates for the site anyway). No promises right away, but I think that would help people like you who don't mind pitching in a few bucks month in exchange for having ads disabled. Originally sponsoring was setup just because members really wanted a way to directly contribute. That's why I set it up with small amounts like that.
That sounds like a good idea! Is it a one time pay or is it a subscription? Once I have more cash on hand (darn dubia roaches burnt quite the hole in my wallet) I'd Love to sponsor!
Claudiusx":1dhcvofz said:
I like that Idea.

-Brandon
Same.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The sponsors are a subscription. Obviously since I just thought of the idea, I haven’t yet assessed which sponsorship level would be the best one (i.e. balance to about the same revenue). I suspect the $2 or $3/mo sponsorships would do it. Not sure about the $1/mo. It might. Again, need to check on the math of it all. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":1a0i83jw said:
Not a fan to seeing ads anywhere outside the banner ads ( and wish I didn't have to see them either ).
Me too, they’re getting worse. Especially if you mostly use the mobile website like me. It takes up the whole screen sometimes. :/

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom