Unable to edit old threads where I'm the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is it possible to adjust permissions so I can as the OP of some old now locked threads can be edited , in particular some of these threads created by me have dead image URLs that I'd like to renew with new image URLs so the old thread remains informative and entirely readable.

Would be nice to be able to do this without having to bother the mods / admins.

This option should be restricted to the OP's of threads , but not to responding posters.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

If you want an old thread unlocked that has been auto-locked, you can simply report the post and ask for it to be unlocked. Or you can always PM Tracie, Cooper, or myself. Once unlocked you'll be able to edit it again.

As far as changing permissions, that is something Alex will have to respond to.
But if you dont want to wait or had a thread in mind you wanted to edit right now, the above will work for now.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As mentioned, the site admin would need to make permission changes, but we can unlock threads easily. Just let us know what you want unlocked and we can take care of it. I agree that it would be good to keep the images/links updated so they continue to be useful in the future.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ok , I'll get back to with a list , I know of few that I'd like to refresh the information filled images that now dead links .

I've been checking lately and refreshing images where I can .

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I know this is an older thread, but it's worth noting that when a threat is unlocked, it will need to be posted to that day, or the scripts that auto-lock topics will lock it again. :) It's based on how long a particular topic has been idle (i.e. how long ago the last post on it was).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom