Getting blocked from posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know we've been having lots of spammers lately, so security probably is getting beefed up, but FYI I've been getting blocked from posting this message on a thread:

EDIT: Lost it now, but it was just a general comment about a dragons health.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
The page or function you attempted to access has been denied. Please keep in mind that this does not necessarily mean you've done anything to be banned. The most common cause for this message is due to the numerous security and spam controls we are trying to put in place to minimize how much spam gets on the forums/site. The access attempt and error has been recorded. The error may be related to the IP address that you are accessing the site from, or it may be related to the content you were trying to submit to the site. Please note, these may be false positive detections. If you feel that the block on your access has been made by mistake (quite possible), please contact the website administrator, providing the IP address listed below and your username (desired username if new to the site), and what you were trying to do when you received this error message (login, register, post, view a page, etc.). Your IP Address is: XXXXXXXXXX We will make every attempt to resolve this for you as soon as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience. We hope that you are understanding about the delay and that it is all part of trying to keep the site clean from spam and viruses.
Source: posting.php?mode=post&f=8
Copyright © BeardedDragon.org

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Ill try to recreate my message so I can tell you which phrase is getting blocked.

-Brandon

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Brandon,

If you're getting blocked still/again, email me at admin at beardeddragon.org with the IP it is telling you about. I can dig in to see what specific block is affecting you.

Thanks,
-Alex

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So you are not being blocked from posting now? I am glad Alex adjusted his blocking &
subnets, etc.

Tracie

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I didn't make any changes to unblock him. I can't find what the block is without the IP first. So, his current IP seems to be okay.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah sorry, I X'd out the ip since I was posting publicly. Well, I know for next time now.. lol.
And it was only for that specific post, or wording in my post. Since when I realized it was getting block, I posted and "edit" 2 seconds later and it let me, and then I pasted my original response again and it was blocked. So it was some phrase or word I was using I'd assume.

-Brandon

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Ahhh. I’ll bet you it was a more “advanced” attack detection. I suspect some of the words in your post triggered a potential attempt at SQL injection or similar command injection attack on the website. Heh. They’re handy for protecting against flaws that may be in the version we run, which is old and likely has vulnerabilities... just haven’t had time to build up the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom