Photobucket no longer supports 3rd party links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
As of last summer photobucket changed their policy on linking to hosted photos. Direct links/embeds no longer work and many images on this and other forums now just display a error image.

I think photobucket has been out of favor recently but some of the older posts and stickies have broken images and they loose their impact/information with out the visuals. Skimming through them, many of these older stickies might be best simply retired since some of them are many years old; some could be fine reposted with working images and updated information.

In particular I think the lighting guides could do with a refresh to include more modern technology like T5 lamps. Having access to a link to an updated master post I think could also help cut down on some of the confusing and sometimes aggressive discussions that seem to be common lately. I’d be more than happy to put something together in that regard.

This sticky in particular should probably be replaced with one that refers to the user upload feature.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=167225

Some Broken stickies....
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=178844
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66704
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=167279
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=194984
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=132151
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=100703

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is helpful. I think having the user image upload manager a bit more prominent would be helpful along with instructions for it. It's a useful tool that more or less negates the need to use a 3rd party site for images. I find myself explaining how to use it pretty constantly though.

Updated lighting and care guides are probably due as well. Something that generalizes and boils down your lighting guide even further to provide simple generic instructions and then advise folks to ask questions about the specifics of their setup would be helpful. Perhaps it could be set up like a lot of the computer hardware forums with a list of approved/known good configurations and sources. Advising folks on which fixtures to use and where to get them is pretty repetitive as well.

I'll be glad to work with you to develop some updated guides if you'd like.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2slrbupq said:
This is helpful. I think having the user image upload manager a bit more prominent would be helpful along with instructions for it. It's a useful tool that more or less negates the need to use a 3rd party site for images. I find myself explaining how to use it pretty constantly though.

Updated lighting and care guides are probably due as well. Something that generalizes and boils down your lighting guide even further to provide simple generic instructions and then advise folks to ask questions about the specifics of their setup would be helpful. Perhaps it could be set up like a lot of the computer hardware forums with a list of approved/known good configurations and sources. Advising folks on which fixtures to use and where to get them is pretty repetitive as well.

I'll be glad to work with you to develop some updated guides if you'd like.

Hey Cooper :) I’ll shoot you a PM with some of the stuff I’ve been kicking around. I’ve a flow chart sortof idea that I think makes my chart much easier to understand.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have been thinking about doing something like that or at least organizing things better.
Thanks for the ideas & help.
Do you have software that helps with charts & graphs? Just wondered. I would love to
make a chart or graph for UVB, etc.

Tracie

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Drache613":2knuills said:
Hello,

I have been thinking about doing something like that or at least organizing things better.
Thanks for the ideas & help.
Do you have software that helps with charts & graphs? Just wondered. I would love to
make a chart or graph for UVB, etc.

Tracie

I am pretty good with excel and photoshop, but I’ve been working on something more like an infographic/comic that I hope makes things very simple. It’s mostly an adaptation of Fran’s data and publications. She has been a great resource for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom