3rd party hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KariE

So when I look at some feeds with pictures I can see some but others are just an image with a clock or something and say I have to "enable 3rd party hosting" in order to view these specific images. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus. Not sure how to set this so I can view images, and help would be appreciated. TIA

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I believe those images are being uploaded to another site and linked which is being blocked by the other site due to their rules. Best bet is to upload images through this site using the image upload manager https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ which works using a browser on your phone. It can also be found under the green menu button on the top left.

EileenPulido

i am getting the same error tried to fix it on my own but couldn't i hope the error is fixed automatically as i am not very techy with stuff like that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think it has more to do with (photobucket?) than this site. It's a tweak that needs to be made on the photobucket account rather than here. The alternative is to upload photos here using the image upload manager.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
CooperDragon":l28c9dar said:
I think it has more to do with (photobucket?) than this site. It's a tweak that needs to be made on the photobucket account rather than here. The alternative is to upload photos here using the image upload manager.
This is correct. It is actually the site hosting the images that is blocking allowing them to be displayed here. I believe there is a setting, or different links that need to be used.

KariE

Original Poster
That’s what I figured, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something wrong. But it is frustrating when you are looking to a feed to supply answers and pictures (which are helpful in many instances) can not be viewed. Thanks guys for the info :)

DVFlyer

You are seeing images that are hosted on photobucket. Photobucket has changed their business structure. They no longer offer free 3rd party hosting. So you now only see that 3rd party hosting image/ message. You can still upload photos to their site, but can't link them to forums and such without paying a fee. Last I checked, it was $400/ year (!).

I've switched to Flickr. Others I've read about have gone to imgur or other free sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom