whats all this spam on the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
its probably been posted alot, but i was wondering whats happened? there is spam all over the forums, the site has been spam free for over the year I have been on here. just seems suspicious to me... :dontknow:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We do our best! LOL
For some reason, it seems to go in spurts. It will be quiet for a long time, then we will get hit
over & over. Just report them as you see them if we don't catch it.

Thanks,
Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Most of it is automated clickbait. As far as I know (generally, not specific to this site) it comes down to a balance between protecting against spam bots and accessibility for real accounts. It does come in spurts like Tracie said. As the methods for attack change, the success rate changes until updates can be applied. It works similarly to antivirus programs in that regard. Best thing to do as mentioned is to just report it when you see it. Not a huge deal as it's pretty obvious (so far) what is real and what is clickbait.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha I know you guys do your best. ill hhave to start reporting, just seemed really suspicious :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. It's annoying for sure. I've noticed some new tactics on some, where it looks like a real person. They post a simple and relevant reply on a topic or two, but in their signature (or end of message) is a simple link advertising something.

Reporting them is the best way for us to stay on top of it. We have a list of the posts reported to help us narrow in on the problems.

Thanks,
-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom