Why pictures turn sideways when taken with phone or iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Whenever I take pictures of my beardie with my phone or iPad and upload it to the site it turns sideways for me, help please :help:

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
I email it to myself and rotate it in the default Windows photo viewing program and then save it and upload that. Im sure you could also just try rotating it on your phone, but for me it looks right side up (on my phone) until I email and download it on my computer.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It's a bug with the software that I process photos with combined with how iOS devices are saving orientation information. I forget, but I think if you actually edit it on the iPad and rotate it, save, then rotate it back, and save.... I think that fixes it.

One of these days, I'll have the time to fix that bug. It affects all the general Guest Album photos too, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom