Tapatalk App Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy08

Hey,

I am following this forum on Tapatalk, but it doesn't recognize my username when trying to log in through there. I have to use my browser to post/reply. What could I do to log in through the app? It makes posting soooo much easier. Thanks!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I do not directly support Tapatalk, as they essentially steal revenue away from sites like ours by not supporting our existing ad revenue sources (like Google Ads) and instead offer more difficult options just for Tapatalk. It's been a hot topic on their forums and any site who needs the ad revenue to be able to pay for the server costs can put themselves offline by supporting having more of their users migrate over to Tapatalk. Tapatalk seems fairly unapologetic about it and doesn't seem to think its something for them to be concerned about. Of course, that's because they make money with their own ad methods.

Kazzy08

Original Poster
beardie":3owg22rz said:
I do not directly support Tapatalk, as they essentially steal revenue away from sites like ours by not supporting our existing ad revenue sources (like Google Ads) and instead offer more difficult options just for Tapatalk. It's been a hot topic on their forums and any site who needs the ad revenue to be able to pay for the server costs can put themselves offline by supporting having more of their users migrate over to Tapatalk. Tapatalk seems fairly unapologetic about it and doesn't seem to think its something for them to be concerned about. Of course, that's because they make money with their own ad methods.

That's awful! I definitely understandyour points there.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sadly, when I first looked into them, I wanted to support them, until I started to discover their approach to ads through "their app" using my site's content. They basically strip out the content and essentially present it in their app. I decided to spend time on the styling for this site so it displays better on mobile devices. It's still not as clean as with Tapatalk, but I think it works well enough for now. :)

Kazzy08

Original Poster
beardie":1bt1xyx8 said:
Sadly, when I first looked into them, I wanted to support them, until I started to discover their approach to ads through "their app" using my site's content. They basically strip out the content and essentially present it in their app. I decided to spend time on the styling for this site so it displays better on mobile devices. It's still not as clean as with Tapatalk, but I think it works well enough for now. :)

It does work very well, and I appreciate that! The only thing that is overly time consuming is posting pictures. Currently, my mobile device is all I have, and it works great as far as viewing and replying. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Is the user image upload tool not working for you? Or possibly just not as easy to use via mobile?

Kazzy08

Original Poster
beardie":3hsl0vmw said:
Is the user image upload tool not working for you? Or possibly just not as easy to use via mobile?

Maybe I'm not seeing it. I've been using photo bucket to host my images, then posting the link into the posts.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
On mobile, click on the green menu icon in the upper left corner. Then scroll down to "User Image Upload Manager". The interface isn't ideal for mobile, but should work. Hopefully, you don't have any issues scrolling down with the upper left menu bar. I've seen that before and don't yet have a solution.

Once you upload images with the tool, you can click on the XIMG tag that will let you easily select the image and will insert the code for the image wherever your cursor is placed.

Here's an example... I'm doing it from my iPhone:
View media item 29017
I just uploaded it in another browser tab, and then went to select it. I even had started this post before switching tabs, taking the screen capture on my iPhone, and uploading.

Cheers,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom