beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The error you're getting is due to your browser likely replacing certain characters with "fancy" ones. The most common characters that this occurs for are quotes and apostrophes. The normal ones are typically straight. The fancy ones are the ones that curve in a particular direction.

Unfortunately, that's an issue with the forum software using a database field that doesn't support anything beyond the basic ASCII character set. Fixing that will likely not occur until the next major upgrade of the forum software, where I might be able to use that "Down for Maintenance" time to apply a different supported character set to the database (not sure that will be possible, but I will check).

Smilobar

I'm so glad this is on mobile now! I visit this site numerous times a week.

I have noticed though that when in mobile view, you can't search for anything if you're using Google Chrome for mobile. When you click/push the magnifying glass icon, the search popup comes up but then disappears. I tried clicking on it with my pen as well (Galaxy Note 2), but it doesn't stay up for me to type anything in.

This seems to only be the case with the Chrome app, since the standard internet app that came with the phone has no problem. So just a heads up!

Thanks!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thanks. I'll need to do some more testing on some of those key navigation. It's tough since I have all i-devices. There are many free services that let me see what the site would look like from differe t devices, but they mostly simulate screen sizes and not now their browsers work. JavaScript gets tricky when trying to do even simple "on touch" kind of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom