Profile idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmontare

Hatchling Member
When someone has a "basic" question ive noticed that the comments to follow ask:

Type of UV light
Substrate
Basking temp
Age/length
Tank size
Etc.

It might be helpful to speed things along if in each persons profile, which is viewable by clicking thier username, this information could be available. When new users sign up they could be encouraged to fill out this info and update as needed.

Just an idea to consider :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not a bad idea. It could have links for viv photos or an outline of a viv that allows people to indicate where lights and basking spots etc are as a visual reference too.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
This sounds interesting, but I'm betting it wouldn't get filled out. I know I wouldn't bother filling it out if I was just joining. And I still wouldn't be one to fill it out even now.

Most of the new members don't know what most of those things are that you want to have put on the profile...Those are questions that they ask what it means.

Might be too hard to write into the code also... But never know.

Elmontare

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im joined with an automotive forum which is set up basically like this website. They have this feature included (engine size, trasmission, year, etc) and it does seem to help quite a bit even for the newbs.

I realize there are alot of lighting questions and enclousure questions right off the bat, however if these same people are keeping a beardie for many years they will undoubtly come back with more advanced questions and the request of that info would then be asked. In the last few days alone ive seen many many responses asking for it and more time being taken on a potentialy major health concern.

But like i said its just a thought because ive seen it work elsewhere, im not demanding someone get to work on this free resource ;)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Something to consider... although for now, when I can get time, I have a few other things higher on the priority for the site before I could get to this, including a couple new articles, a "related topics" feature (help people find similar/related topics to the one they're viewing), an update to the forum software (we're one update behind), and some cleanup of the display templates (some bugs are caused by old templates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom