Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Some may have noticed that just recently, a new looking "Site Search" field popped up in the upper right site navigation bar. This new search uses Google's search service and is improved over the old Google one we were using (which I think has been broken for a while).

So what's new?

1. Search Results popup over your existing window, so you don't need to be taken to another page and come back!

2. When you have the search results showing, you can select between "All" (searching the whole site), "Site Articles" (our official articles on the site), and "Discussion Forums" (for those just wanting to search forum posts.

I'm also working on adding "search term suggestions" that are more relevant to bearded dragon topics people might search on, so hopefully it will improve more over time!

Happy searching for your bearded dragon info!

-Alex

kbro

Hatchling Member
Sounds nice, will let you know how it's going. Thank you for all your work on the site :D

kbro

Hatchling Member
I love the new site search by the way, it works way smoother than before. It's also really nice to be able to choose articles or forums.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like it. I also did like that I could setup an option for people to select articles or forums. I will also need to look into a way to maybe enable "non forum" pages, in case anything we have isn't necessarily under the articles section of the site (although most of the useful info is).

Thanks again for the feedback.

kbro

Hatchling Member
That would be nice too, maybe you could somehow incorporate other sites in the search with good information (and correct) with their permission of course. I don't know if that's possible though.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I don't think the Google tools give that specific option with this, but not 100% sure. I think they have a "Search the Web" option, but that's pretty much just "Google".

kbro

Hatchling Member
Yeah I figured, it's too bad you couldn't narrow it down at all. There are so many sites with incorrect info out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom