How to include photos using photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
[Edit by admin: Please note that we now have a new User Image Uploads Manager right here on BeardedDragon.org! Here's a topic with information about it. With it, you can easily upload an image and embed it into your posts. In addition, embedded images (using the new XIMG tag) can be clicked on by readers to view the larger version of it.]

Photobucket has changed since the last guide I made so I made a new one. Please refer to this one instead of the old one.

Open http://photobucket.com/ (in a new tab) then either 'sign in' or if you do not have a photobucket account then 'sign up'.
a.jpg

After the above is done, click on the green button "Upload now"
1.jpg

At the upload screen, click on the green button "Select photos and videos"
2.jpg

Then select the location on your computer where the picture(s) are located, select the picture or multiple pictures by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Then click on the "Open" button.
3.jpg

The pictures will begin to upload and a progress bar will be displayed. Once completed you can click on the picture and be taken to the page which contains the picture.
4b.jpg

4.jpg

At the containing page on the right side of the screen are the options to choose from for posting, we want the one titled "IMG code" left click in the proper text field, this is all you have to do to copy the pictures address. It will flash yellow saying "copied".
5.jpg

b.jpg

At this point select the forum tab and in the text field click the right mouse button and left click on paste. Done :wink:

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
That was so helpful, thanks!! Got my photos loaded into photobucket but it has come to my attention that they are huge, pixel wise.
I can run them through an editing program in the camera and get them down to 160 x 120. Is that small/large enough? What size are the photos you post? They always look good.

Suzanne

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
suzjohnson":32w5qwa1 said:
That was so helpful, thanks!! Got my photos loaded into photobucket but it has come to my attention that they are huge, pixel wise.
I can run them through an editing program in the camera and get them down to 160 x 120. Is that small/large enough? What size are the photos you post? They always look good.

Suzanne

The forum will auto re-size the pictures, just post them :wink:

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Beardednoob":2cjdxiai said:
suzjohnson":2cjdxiai said:

Suzanne

The forum will auto re-size the pictures, just post them :wink:
Cool! Thanks!!

Suz

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, did that ever work well, Alex, first time I've tried to load picture thru this. So easy & love that you can click on the picture to enlarge it. Thanks so much for all you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom