The new plague: Ads.

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or problems with the BeardedDragon.org Website, please post them here. Forum Community related topics and the like are also welcome here!

The new plague: Ads.

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:08 am

Ok so I use this website almost purely on my phone, and usually there is very little ads on the site, like maybe one or two at the end of a topic or something... But lately I have been noticing that there is almost an unbearable amount of ads, huge ones too. Like When I'm logging on, posting, logging out, uploading images, checking posts, Posting, every time there's at least like one giant ad.

And don't get me started on the forum threads, there'll be like 10 huge ads in the middle of a post, and it's really really annoying when I accidentally click on one of the ads and it sends me to some shady site.

And then there's the banner ads at the top and bottom of the screen, which are really annoying when you already have limited screen space in the first place when typing.

I'm fine with the ads at the End of a thread, things like that ya know? Because they're not really in the way as much. But when it gets to this I've gotta say something about it.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
these are just a few, from looking through a single thread.

But like look, I'm not intending to bash anybody and I know ads help fund the site and all, but really, I would be extremely happy if it went back to what it was like a year or two ago, where there were no interruptions in your thread reading experience, and the ads were just hidden away at the bottom, and like there would be a few tiny little ads for like hornworms ONCE in a thread. I Don't mind that. But 10 huge ads that almost completely fill up your screen? Then yeah it gets annoying.

So sorry for the long post and if it was a little ranty, but I hope this is just a bug and gets fixed soon.

~HippieLizards.
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, two Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: The new plague: Ads.

Postby claudiusx » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi there,

I agree. On mobile the ads have got quite annoying and intrusive. In fact, a couple times for me the ad that pops up in your whole screen that you have to close has logged me out.

Alex, the site admin, has been really busy lately but I will forward this to him to make sure hes aware that ads are appearing like this.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Yeah, I've been logged out many times whilst trying to close a intrusive pop-up as well. But thank you, if anything could be done about that I'd really appreciate it. :)
Slave to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, two Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm now getting full screen literal pop-up ads that are very hard to close and continue browsing. This is ridiculous, I hope this is fixed soon. :|
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby claudiusx » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi there,

Yes I have been getting them since the beginning of this.

I have talked to alex and he is looking into it and will have it remedied soon. It's not something that he purposely had done, just a change that had automatically happened that he wasnt aware of. But he will take care of it just suffer through for a bit longer :D

-Brandon
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 am

Alrighty, thank you. :) I'm glad it's getting fixed now.
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby claudiusx » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:27 am

Hi Hippie :)

Alex has disabled the full screen ads. It's a recent google ads update that got put in place which made that option be turned on by default. He has turned it off. If you continue to have them or other problem ads, please let us know :D

-Brandon
claudiusx

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:32 am

That's good but I'm still having problem with ones like the banner ads and such. :|

I'm very glad that the full screen ones are gone now. Those were getting annoying.
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:39 am

Thankfully I'm not seeing them as much now.... but this was a few minutes ago browsing a post... [Click image to enlarge]

Thank you for all the help already though, I really appreciate it. :D
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Website Comments