Lost Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
Lost inside or outside?

If inside: Put out a heat source/basking spot, let a few easy to catch bugs roam around (like worms), check anywhere he could wedge himself into, especially warm areas, like under the fridge.

If outside: search bushes and any place that could be a hide, also search potential basking areas like sunny spots.

Check every day, the same spots (and new ones) and don't lose hope. Many beardies pop back up days, weeks, and sometimes even months later. Just keep looking!

SandFireSeo

Original Poster
onceblue":3lgnkvh0 said:
Lost inside or outside?

If inside: Put out a heat source/basking spot, let a few easy to catch bugs roam around (like worms), check anywhere he could wedge himself into, especially warm areas, like under the fridge.

If outside: search bushes and any place that could be a hide, also search potential basking areas like sunny spots.

Check every day, the same spots (and new ones) and don't lose hope. Many beardies pop back up days, weeks, and sometimes even months later. Just keep looking!

Thank You i was losing hope i was dieing :banghead: thank you again and it was inside

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you lost him inside & there is basically no escape route out, then he is in there hiding somewhere, probably sleeping.
Did you check under the bed mattress if you have a box spring? How about behind the tv or computer table where there are a bunch of wires & cables or even behind the fridge where it is warm since air blows out at the bottom. They are pretty crafty when it comes to hiding.

Tracie

khartley

Hatchling Member
I rescue beardies. I generally try and give them all time outside their cages. The first time I lost one I flipped. Searched every room for days, left heat lamp out, food, nothing. After a week he crawled out from under the bed, even tho I searched there every day. He'd weaseled up a hole in the fabric on the bottom of the box spring.

Since then I've "lost" several of them, but only for a few hours. I don't get concerned anymore, I just am careful about moving things gently till I find them sleeping. When I let them run around, I confine them to one room. That way if they do sneak off, I don't have to look hard. Most of the time they are under a bed, behind a piece of furniture, snuggled in the laundry basket, those types of places. Don't worry too much, just think like a beardie, and check anywhere dark and warm.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardies are creatures who develop habits and seem to always to one of their favorate spots to curl up and nap after a run about.

You'll have a bit of history , check those favourate spots , and spots where you have caught him trying to go but you stopped him on a regular basis - they are like kids, if it's forbidden , it's even more desireable a place to go. Likely one of those is where he'll be.

You could lay sheets of butchers paper about in strategic spots with a dusting of flour on them, if he comes out and travels across , he'll leave a trail and at least you'll have a hint on where he's been or was going.

sassy64

SandFireSeo":3rleoa7j said:
onceblue":3rleoa7j said:
Lost inside or outside?

Thank You i was losing hope i was dieing :banghead: thank you again and it was inside

Hi! Did you find your bearded dragon :?:

Binhwin

Hello any update?
I hope you find your little buddy. And remember, never give up ever.
Hope you find him thanks.
Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom