Dubia colony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My reptiles really love dubia roaches. Where its getting to the point i can't afford keep spending 85 a week online. I wanted to start a dubia colony. I have 70 to spend. But don't know where to start. I emailed a few company's but they are no help. With the feeders of nutri grubs/dubia roaches. Being 250/275 a week. Going to be looking to rehouse a few of my reptiles. They are all feeding well an healthy been seen by my favorite vet. Just getting overwhelmed with there feeding care lately. I have 3 bearded dragons that stool 3x a day an never stop eating. 100 nutri grubs and around 25-30 dubia a day. Looking to start my own dubia colony I really need it. I spend 4 hours daily on my reptiles care. They are doing so well. Only one that takes few minutes is my python that eats 2 mouses twice a week. Pinky of course

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A colony definitely sounds like the way to go. I'd first check locally to try and find someone who has a colony that is thriving and wants to be rid of extra, or someone who is giving up an established colony. If you can't find that, then getting a handful of adults along with a mix of different sizes/ages (maybe 500 total with a couple dozen adults) should get a colony established in the next couple of months. The colony will require minimal care and will eat leftover salads and kitchen scraps - really kind of nice to have one around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom