How do I ship feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Interested in shipping 100-150ish large to adult roaches to someone interested-
how might I go about that?
Would be shipping from Washington to Cal.., so weather is cold, but not too extreme.
Packaging? Styrofoam? Heat pack yes/no?
Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely heat packs and some way to insulate, Styrofoam would be a good idea.

I remember in your last thread you were talking about also shipping the glass aquarium. I'd highly suggest against that if you haven't already decided that yourself. Shipping an item that large is going to be expensive, and then an item that heavy is going to be even more expensive, and you are going to have to make sure it's very well protected during shipping too.

You're better off putting the dubias in a plastic container or cloth bag, putting that in an insulated box, and adding a heat pack.

-Brandon

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":146szgax said:
Definitely heat packs and some way to insulate, Styrofoam would be a good idea.

I remember in your last thread you were talking about also shipping the glass aquarium. I'd highly suggest against that if you haven't already decided that yourself. Shipping an item that large is going to be expensive, and then an item that heavy is going to be even more expensive, and you are going to have to make sure it's very well protected during shipping too.

You're better off putting the dubias in a plastic container or cloth bag, putting that in an insulated box, and adding a heat pack.

-Brandon

Yes I did decide against it :)
Looking @ putting them in a cardboard box w/ carton, putting that box in another box that i'll insulate w/ newspaper and a uniheat 72hr heat pack, then putting lots of ventilation holes in the 2nd box. If it gets too stuffy, I don't want them to overheat or suffocate :shock: Not sure how that works exactly.

Any suggestions on where to get a heat pack?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much about them suffocating. I would be sure to pack them in a way that minimizes their ability to bounce around a lot though. Giving them surfaces that are easy to hang on to will help with that. I order my 72hr heat packs from heatpacksource.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom