BSFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppys

I ordered small BSFL and I probably should have gotten medium. They don’t attract my dragons attention. I have had them for about a week now and he just walks by them. I feel like if they were bigger it would interest him more. How can I get these things to grow quickly? I threw some veggies and bread crumbs in there, but the are all around the same size. I hate to waste all these bugs! Let me know if there is something that I can do...thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I've never tried myself to grow or fatten up BSFL as I always just get the size I need, but we do have a guide here on a way to do it:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/growing-phoenix-worms/?page=1

Just note though that the nutrition of your BSFL will be different than if they were raised on the diet they would be at the farm. Still, they will be acceptable feeders. But it's better to not feed them yourself :)

-Brandon

Poppys

Original Poster
Thanks for your help! I will check that out...I have like 600 too small BSFL..??‍♀️ I didn’t think he would ignore them like this lol!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it just takes them awhile to see them as food, even if they are the right size. One of my dragons didn't touch BSFL until he became an adult actually lol!

-Brandon

Poppys

Original Poster
Aww man..I hope that’s not the case..I have a hard time with crickets...they are yucky and I saw that they can carry pinwoms...no thanks. I have tried Dubai’s before but I got them at a local pet store and within 24 hours they were all dead. He was ok with them, but o was really wanting him to love these BSFL. I don’t know what I was thinking lol..my kids never eat what fix for them either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom