Feeder crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Does anyone on here know anyone that sells dubia or other feeders because my money situation has been a lil messed up and didn’t have enough money to get enough feeders to make it through the holidays. All my normal vendors have shutdown shop for a few weeks. The local pet shops here charge a lot and they never have anything live in stock and never know when they will be getting more of anyone has any recommendations or connections for this stress ridden beardie dad. Thank you for your help

As a last resort I’ll take big dubia outta the colony and cutting them in too pieces does anyone think this is a bad or good idea?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
In this position you need to cut consumption by feeding less than normal. They will tolerate this well for a week or 2 easily. You can feed more greens to supplement the shortage. I have done this on occasion and it does no harm.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
thank you for the reply Gormagon! we have been doing this but she's only 6 months and kills us to know we could be feeding the growing girl more or (enough). I have seen people on Instagram that breed Dubai and things like that and never got replies. Was hoping someone would know someone who could help. It is good to know they can handle a week or two of the lack of, wow they are awesome resilient animals!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could cut them up and it would be OK (she chews them up anyway) if she is still interested in chasing them down if they aren't moving. That said, I agree with Gormagon in that she should be fine with a decrease in bugs for a little while. They face this in the wild too. You can supplement with veges which she'll dig into if she gets hungry enough. Those are healthy for her and will also support her growth until you can get more bugs in.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin's in good shape. A little less energetic finally after bursts of running around throughout the mornings. He's sitting on his dog bed in the window sill right now enjoying some sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom