Can beardies eat mealworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The answer is mixed opinions :lol: . My opinion is, they are OK to offer in moderation as part of a broader diet. The issues arise when you rely on a single feeder option. They don't tend to work well if they are the only thing on offer.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Feeders.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not recommend feeding to baby dragons -- they have more sensitive stomachs and can get impacted -- older adult dragons yes up to a year to be on the safe side none for babies
Karrie

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2t6exnz0 said:
I would not recommend feeding to baby dragons -- they have more sensitive stomachs and can get impacted -- older adult dragons yes up to a year to be on the safe side none for babies
Karrie
Ok thank you! :D

I don't feed mealworms because of the risk of impaction in smaller bearded dragons. Adults generally will have no issue, but the feeder size is small at that. I prefer super worms by far, but there is a national shortage due to about 40 million super worms dying as a result of equipment failure at a top breeder.

If you can get your hands on them, go for supers. Might as well avoid the risk with meal worms on small dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom