Temp and humidity?? Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

awilliams4806

So I started a Dubia colony about 7 months ago and I just got my beardie yesterday. My colony is doing great have plenty of roaches but a few days ago in anticipation of the beardie I got new tubs for my Dubias and separated the adults and the rest.

I have 2 40 gallon tubs both have the exact same vents and top cuts and everything. I even went as far as measuring the amount of water crystals and the amount of water I added to the crystals to make sure everything was exactly the same. My problem is and I guess it’s not really a problem but I can not get the temps and humidity the same in both tubs.

I have the same temp and humidity tracker in both tubs but they are just not the same. Can anyone point to a possible reason. The below are the measurements from each.

109737-3946079230.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what would cause the readings to be different. Perhaps the sensors aren't calibrated to eachother closely, or maybe the difference is coming from the roaches themselves (different heat and moisture retention?). That said, based on what I've seen with my colony, they aren't super sensitive so I wouldn't worry too much about it. My roaches thrive in a relatively dry area (esp in winter) in the cellar. It's a cool area (usually in the 60s) and they have a single heat projector over their cardboard housing which bumps that part of the tank into the 80s (roughly, I don't monitor it). As long as they are eating and multiplying, then they are probably OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom