Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Couple questions

What bug website do you use for roaches?

What size? My beardie is 14months old roughly, and the space between his eyes is about 1 inch. However, the 1” roaches from Dubia roaches . Com seem a little too small. I have to feed him a lot. The next size up is 1.25, but I really don’t want them to be too big.

If I got the bigger size mentioned above and mixed with adult superworms, could I purchase it so I could correctly portion out 5 roaches and 5 superworms per night?

How do you deal with them. I keep my roaches in a container that you’d use for crickets but the bigger one. I don’t even want them in my house, let alone my room, but the garage is too cold so, you know. I hate them. They disgust me. The bigger they are, the more I hate them- I’m terrified of the adults. They’re... roaches. You know.
I have these long metal tongs I pick them out and feed with, but idk if i can handle 1.25” roaches.
What is your suggestion?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Roaches are alot easier to keep --- I use a 10 gallon glass aquarium and mine are real big now as my two are eating he larger ones and yes they are gross but I suck it up -- I use tweezers to feed and use a plastic potato salad to dust them w/ -- my two are only eating like 2-3 at a time as they are so big- the best roaches I have found are the ones from www.dubiaroaches.com-- your 14 month old should be eating the larger roaches -- mine is 15 months old and hes eating the larger ones -- you can switch to silk worms --- they are another great staple feeder -- www.reptilianarts.com -- they come cupped w/ food - I was getting the bulk like 50 they came small and NO food - containers need to be cleaned daily and if getting bulk they need to be fed daily- I havent bought them in a while and they have been out of the bulk as well the cupped come in 20 I think or 25 cant remember -- another place www.coastalsilkworms.com
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes - I would say 1-3 depending on how hungry and what else your feeding--
Karrie

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can 200 roaches last 6 weeks?
That would be a salad every morning with lots of veggies, and about four 1.25" roaches a day.
That would be it- nothing else fed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes-- I would add some worms like super worms - horn worms- butter worms-- meal worms-- all those added to his diet even silk would be good-- it's good to add variety
Karrie

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So if I got roaches, superworms, and hornworms, and had 300 total, that would be enough for 60 days.
5 insects per day x 60 days = 300 insects.

So i'd have Extra Large Superworms, Extra Large Roaches, and Large Hornworms.
I could feed 5 insects a night, or 10 every other night, and i'd be set for 2 months.

90% of the diet is vegetation, as well, which I always have a variety of: collard, mustard, bell peppers, butternut squash, parsley, maybe i'll try dandelion greens and more.

I think I finally have this figured out?

5 very big insects a day should keep him full?

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Horn worms grow very fast --- so those would need to be fed first and please do not order a lot of them at a time - --- the other worms you can feed every other day super worms last a long time keep them fed w/ oatmeal regular and hydrated w/ carrots - meal worms as well and butter worms those are hard to find and only one place I know of that has them and thats www.mulberryfarms.com -- BSFL are a good source as well they last a while but they are very small and you would need to order large ones --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom