Hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone. I received my feeder package and I ordered some hornworms for the first time. They came in not moving, but once I got them a little warmed up they were more active. Now I'm noticing that a few of the smaller ones seem to be laying on the floor either inactive or trying to find food in their poop. Also, some of them are standing on the mesh with their back legs and curled up at the front. I want them to grow pretty big, but judging by what's happening now I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them there. If about half of them aren't eating, but are rather just hanging out, and a few of them are on the floor looking for food in the poop, what's going wrong and how should I fix it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Occasionally i'll have some of the younger ones die after transit. I just remove them from the floor (top with holes) if they aren't moving. If they are moving, I'll flip the cup over food side down for a little while so they can latch onto the food if they want to, then flip it back over so the vents are down. They can and do move around in the cup though, especially as they get bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom