BSFL... are they really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Hello again. So with my first and recent purchase of BSFL, I’m not too sure how well they are working out. My beardies devour them, but they eat them so quickly that they don’t even really chew them. They are coming out in their poop the same way they went in, full sized! One was even still slightly moving when my female pooped in her bath! If they are not getting digested, then what are they truly gaining from eating them other than the feeling of a full belly?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's the rub with them. They are so small they often go through undigested. I use them more as a treat than a staple. I will offer them one or two at a time to make sure that they get chewed before moving on to the next one and that has worked out well. I like to rotate hornworms and silk worms as well when I can get them. The hornworms are nice because they arrive small and as they eat through the chow in their cup they get (much) bigger over the course of a couple of weeks. That allows you to pick them out and feed them at an appropriate size and the larger they get the more filling they become.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If your dragon is passing them whole, they most likely are being eaten too quickly. Try offering 1 or 2 at a time instead of a full bowl at once. They need to be chewed to be digested. Their outer skin is made to survive acidic environments.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom