Mass murder of 1000 calci worms... Newbee mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

Morning all.. A month into a now 15wk old beardie..

she's a monster for worms and roaches so have setup a roach farm... Used up all of the crickets and set up a calci farm too.

Howver I thought I'd be nice and make a substrate of rolled oats for the calci.... The minute they were put in the tub, they turned dark brown and. Now most are black... And barely move.... However when I got them they were rampant and active.

Have I killed them with a silly idea of a dry substraight...
109077-4478716715.jpg

I read that they love roach chow which is cornflakes oats and other bits so I thought I'd bed them in their own food... Errr not a food plan...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you pick the dark ones up are they stiff or do they feel mushy? If they are stiff, then that probably just means that they are about to get ready to hatch into flies. The flies are slow moving and easy to catch. They also make a good treat for your dragon. If they are mushy, then they are probably dead and should not be offered.

Splreece

Original Poster
Yeah i have a mix of. Both... Wasn't sure about the flies but she really. Goes mental for them.. I thought she'd get stressed but seems to love them in her viv and also watches me catchem and feed to her... Won't be doing too many... Just sift through the bad ones now I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom